Roll-A-Table for balcony... Is it worth taking????

We are sailing on the Navigator in December and will have a aft corner balcony cabin. The tables on the balconies are very small and short. I was able to buy a Roll-a-Table on E-Bay. Just wondered if anyone has taken one on their cruise, and if so was it worth taking? We are flying not driving.

Skitter

I think the OP made the assumption that everyone knew what these were. Before you say "no way", check out what it is....

http://www.camptime.net/roll-a-table.htm

It only weighs 10 lbs., which isn't too bad if you didn't bring alot of extra stuff. I'd say go for it, especially if you plan to use it for room service. Besides if it winds up being a big hassle and you wished you hadn't brought it, then you'll know your answer for the next cruise..... and don't forget to share with us your opinion about it :D

I've read lots of threads where people talk about doing this. It seems there are not tables for room service and if you'd like to enjoy dining on your balcony, this would be perfect. I think I'll check Ebay myself!

You're going on a nice cruise, not a camping trip

Was that neccessary?

I think its a good idea! I've seen them before and think they are cool.. we will have the 4 of us and eating on the balcony for breakfast would be awesome, except for the small tables, this would help a lot! Go for it and let us know how it works out!

I love my roll-a-table and take it with me when I cruise with my grandchildren. It comes in handy when they need a distraction and I take them back to my room for a break. I pop in a movie in the mini DVD player, give them pizza or snacks to keep them busy while their parents get a break by the pool.

Here are some pics of the table set up in the room.

http://community.webshots.com/album/477387451BUQbOT

Dotsie

Walmart has a similar one for under $20. I didn't see it on their website but I bought mine in the store. The table top is wooden slats that roll up. It weighs less than 10lbs too.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

Archived