How to choose minibar preferences??

lkloc

We're first-time cruisers and I've booked an Antarctic cruise with Atlas. It's the maiden voyage of Voyager on Nov 8, 2023. I'm trying to figure out how Atlas cruisers chose their minibar selections on previous or upcoming cruises. I've asked my TA and she checked w Atlas and was told that we should submit a list. But I have no idea what to choose from. My TA doesn't understand why they said that and thinks there's an issue of some kind but she suggested to go ahead and submit a list of items and she'll forward it along. Is this normal? Do you make your choices when you board? I read somewhere that they place their vendor orders several months before sailing so it doesn't make sense to me to wait. But I know nothing about cruising. Thanks so much for any advice you can give 🙂

There is a form to fill out on their site. On the top left of the Atlas page there is a section called Booked Guest. Click that page then go to My Atlas. To log on I needed a number from my TA - maybe just the booking number. Once you are there you can tell them parka and boot sizes, mini bar preferences, food preferences, and that's about it. 

This is really the only functionality on the site for planning one you are booked. Right now everything else comes later.

I was a bit frustrated too when I got to that section... I kept it "generic" like just vodka, diet coke, red wine, etc. without any "brand" names. We'll see.... This seems to have worked out OK on other cruise lines I've been on whereby a suite has a stocked minibar. Once I see what I've got when aboard the cabin steward is usually pretty good at restocking and "fine tuning" the available selections...

Our experience is the minibar is not stocked as requested due to supply change issues according a sign placed in the cabin.  None of our selections were included for either Atlas cruise we have been on.

Thanks for the replies! BayGirl22 - I've done the MyAtlas site but minibar selections are not included in that. Maybe that's a new thing and maybe it has to do w what Michael_A said above?? Oh well I won't worry about it for now.

I think something may have changed... I do recall when I first set up the MyAtlas account there was some kind of drink preference question or section. Since I didn't know what they had, I filled it in "generically" like I described above. In going back to the MyAtlas sections just now I do not see where those preferences were or are being asked. So... I think something changed between February and now. Good news is that the "supply chain" issues plaguing the word are resolving themselves pretty quickly, and may essentially be over when we sail in January '24. But AOV is still having to resupply ships basically at the end of the world, so maybe even during the best of times there could be issues. Oh well... guess I'll sort it out once I get on board. Besides, the more I drink, the less I care about the brand, anyway! Cheers! 😁

From my perspective, there was no attempt to actually stock the minibar with selections made in advance since the ship clearly had things I selected like diet coke on board.  It probably sounded like a good benefit to corporate but too hard to manage on turnaround days.  Putting out a sign and blaming supply chain problems was much easier.  It wasn't a benefit I needed but an example of Atlas over promising.  Not nearly as disappointing as no marina toys in the Mediterranean though.

• 4 months later...

Loved Atlas. But they no longer stock the room with booze even though they asked us fill out pre-boarding preferences. In place of the spirits they now have 24 hour bar room service for free. The beer selection in the mini was TOP grade 

We were impressed with the travel experence level of the fellow traveler. 

We're also going to Antarctica on Atlas.  My friend drinks a lot of Diet Coke - as in all day long. Will this be stocked in the room or at least readily available?  Thanks for any information you might have.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 8:42 PM, pfreske said:

We're also going to Antarctica on Atlas.  My friend drinks a lot of Diet Coke - as in all day long. Will this be stocked in the room or at least readily available?  Thanks for any information you might have.

Just ask your cabin steward to keep it stocked with your favorites.

Follow up after my cruise - they no longer pre stock with your preferences. My mini bar had some sodas and beers and I expect if I made a request they would stock with everything. They had 24 hour room service including drinks. I never needed drinks in my room, the bars were open from like 10am.