Edge Class Main Dining Rooms - Reservations Possible or Not?

MarkWiltonM

If this page on Celebrity still applicable to Edge-class dining in the main dining rooms?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-select-dining

This page says you can select Early dining, Late dining, or Anytime dining. For Anytime dining, it says "you can choose your dining any time between 6pm and 9:30pm."  

For the last few months, I've seen threads that suggested early and late fixed seating was no longer available on Edge Class, despite what your reservation says, and it's all Anytime dining. Is this true (and if it is I'm not sure why Celebrity's website hasn't been updated)? If it is true, should I have my TA switch me from the no-longer-available Early dining (fixed time of 6pm) to Anytime dining so I have the ability to make online reservations? 

If fixed Early dining is indeed still available, will I still be assigned to a particular dining room? If I want to try all four dining rooms will I be able to? If I can try the other dining rooms, will I be able to go at my regular early seating time or is based on table availability?  

9 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

If this page on Celebrity still applicable to Edge-class dining in the main dining rooms?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-select-dining

This page says you can select Early dining, Late dining, or Anytime dining. For Anytime dining, it says "you can choose your dining any time between 6pm and 9:30pm."  

For the last few months, I've seen threads that suggested early and late fixed seating was no longer available on Edge Class, despite what your reservation says, and it's all Anytime dining. Is this true (and if it is I'm not sure why Celebrity's website hasn't been updated)? If it is true, should I have my TA switch me from the no-longer-available Early dining (fixed time of 6pm) to Anytime dining so I have the ability to make online reservations? 

If fixed Early dining is indeed still available, will I still be assigned to a particular dining room? If I want to try all four dining rooms will I be able to? If I can try the other dining rooms, will I be able to go at my regular early seating time or is based on table availability?  

Recent reports have been that even with reservations made pre-cruise while assigned Celebrity Select dining are no longer being honored.  To say that the whole MDR process on E class ships is confusing would be an understatement.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Apex in March. Made reservations pre cruise in my CP for SD/ATD for 6:PM, every evening in the Cosmopolitan restaurant. Once on board and after dropping off our carry on(s), checking in at our muster station we went to the Cosmopolitan restaurant to verify our reservations after finding a two top in a location we liked. We were told reservations were not being honored. We were then told as long as we showed up by 6:PM we would have the same table each evening. We did, never had to wait and had the same table every evening. I guess an unofficial standing reservation. 

• Thanks 1