Shareholders and Military OBC

rosevew

On 8/14/2023 at 9:52 PM, coopco said:

So with HAL can my husband get military benefit and I get Shareholders in the same cabin or is it one benefit per cabin? I always wanted to try HAL and Princess is now making it more attractive.

So now HAL & PCL are the same? 1 gets MOBC & other gets SOBC. As long as shares are in 2nd person's name. Is that the way for all CC lines? (Adora, Aida, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, HAL, PCL, PO, POAU, Seabourn?)

1 hour ago, coopco said:

Well I guess our kids will get to benefit from our RCCL stock when we die if it’s difficult to use because it’s lost at least 1/2 of the value since we bought it so we won’t be selling it. On top of that we bought our 2 kids 100 shares of CCL stock when it was $25 per share because we paid so much for ours and it seemed like a good deal until it kept dropping. So I told them don’t plan on selling it. I thought it might come in handy if we all cruise together but our daughter was thinking about booking a girls cruise in December and I didn’t even have to remind her of the stockholder benefit so hopefully it will be a good investment for their lifetime (they are in their 20’s and grew up cruising and love it). Doesn’t appear a good invest for us because of when we bought to get OBC but I’m not going to complain because in the long run, we are ahead on stock investments (just not with cruise lines!)

I tax loss harvest if $$s can make more elsewhere

48 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So now HAL & PCL are the same? 1 gets MOBC & other gets SOBC. As long as shares are in 2nd person's name. Is that the way for all CC lines? (Adora, Aida, Carnival, Costa, Cunard, HAL, PCL, PO, POAU, Seabourn?)

No.  Varies line by line.  For example P&O will only give the not give the benefit to US veterans.  They will give it to UK and I think Australian, do not know about other countries such as Canada but not US.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I tax loss harvest if $$s can make more elsewhere

It’s such a small amount of our portfolio, we’ll just keep it at this point for whatever benefit we can get for OBC. I’m not going to tell you how much we paid for Yahoo stock and my husband still has Nokia stock, I think for the novelty of owning a once popular stock that is now worthless. In the long run, we are way ahead and I can live with that.

Norwegian discount the price of the cruise (excluding addons) by 10% for military. A better deal than non refundable obc IMHO. Discount was for DH (vet) and myself. Don't know about ncl shareholder benefit, only have princess shares as they were less than $10.

• Like 1