Shareholder on board credit paperwork question

edgee

4 hours ago, basor said:

no - it is per cabin so just one person needs 100 shares to qualify for OBC

Although the amount ($100 or $250) will be split evenly, and show up on the accounts, of the two persons in the cabin. In reality that has little effect as expenses and credits are lumped together as one, for accounting purposes.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:00 AM, Robjame said:

My major complaint with Oceania is the lack of information and poor customer service. Anyone trying to use their website knows what I mean.

We have two cuises coming up, b2b. I submitted two shareholder requests and the proof of share ownership. 
‘We got the automated reply and, in time, one of the credits, for one of the cruises appeared on our on-board cruise credit. Nothing on the second cruise.

Upon phoning Oceania I was told they have to be separate emails. The justification the agent gave me was, “what if a person had 10 cruises coming up and submitted 10 requests at once.” I did not argue that the efficiency of that seemed obvious. An email explanation would have been nice.

I submitted the second cruise request again, separately. Got the automated reply but to date there has been no communication nor dealing with the request.

This lack of communication and lack of action are things I have experienced before with this department.

It is frustrating. Some staff really do not know. I called as submitted early August for a November cruise. Last week nothing yet. Person on phone said they do not post the Shareholder SBC until 30 days prior to cruise. Of course I knew that was not accurate based upon posts here. But just decided I’ll wait until I get August statement and submit once gain. 

33 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

It is frustrating. Some staff really do not know. I called as submitted early August for a November cruise. Last week nothing yet. Person on phone said they do not post the Shareholder SBC until 30 days prior to cruise. Of course I knew that was not accurate based upon posts here. But just decided I’ll wait until I get August statement and submit once gain. 

Call again and ask to be connected to the Shareholders Credit desk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FetaCheese said:

Call again and ask to be connected to the Shareholders Credit desk.

Thanks. I’ll do that next week. I assume if for some reason they would be denying it that they’d let you know. But I hate to assume anything when dealing with customer service from any company anymore. 

12 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

I assume if for some reason they would be denying it that they’d let you know.

Nope.

Whether they accept or deny your request, only by checking your OBC online, or by phoning Oceania or by asking your TA will you verify that you have received the OBC. If it doesn’t appear then your request has been denied or rejected, in my experience.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2024 at 5:12 AM, EJL2023 said:

I think they may have indicated looking there based upon post 39.  Personally interested here as I’ll be submitting for the first time shortly and was wondering where it would show.  

That was me who was looking. It isn’t on the invoice, which was recently reissued when I got the fare reduced, nor online. I don’t have a TA but there is a person at Oceania in Australia who I requested the fare reduction through (although it had to “go to Miami” for approval). I guess I could ask her to follow up. So annoying, I requested shareholder credit from NCL the same day and it was on my account within about 24 hours!

• Thanks 1