Princess Self-Service Laundry

qsuzi

8 hours ago, wizkid66 said:

I know I could take some of my own powder, but would rather not have a small bag of white  powder in my case, 😝

I always travel with one of those small, Rubbermaid food containers filled with about eight pods and one of those moisture absorber packs that come in a variety of new products.

No mess, can withstand any impact, and I can either use a machine or self wash.

I usually do laundry once (on at least a 7 day) and use the pods. My complaint is the dryers. I always have to do two cycles to get everything 

almost dry, and I don’t overload. Seems it’s like that on the last few ships we’ve been on. 

Funny story, last cruise in June was on the Emerald and we booked a suite. After hearing all the negative comments about sending out laundry, I decided not to take advantage of the suite perk. Our cabin steward came in while we were out, saw laundry (jeans) spread out to fully dry. Upon returning, we found he had put the laundry bag and ticket on the bed. Shortly thereafter, he knocked and wanted to remind us we had complimentary laundry. Told him nicely I liked to do it myself. He just sweetly said “yes ma’am.” Great guy!😂😉

18 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

I usually do laundry once (on at least a 7 day) and use the pods. My complaint is the dryers. I always have to do two cycles to get everything 

almost dry, and I don’t overload.

I wonder how often the lint filters are checked...

lint.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I wonder how often the lint filters are checked...

Lint filters are checked everyday.  The cabin stewards cleaning the aft section rotate and have the responsibility of cleaning out the lint traps every day and they have to sign off on it.  It's a potential fire hazard because any lint trapped in the duct work is flammable.  There are two filters.  The obvious one is the filter that is built into the machine that even guests can check and clean themselves.  There is another filter at the rear of the machine where the dryer latches to the duct and has a skinny metal pole attached for easy access; this one only the cabin stewards can clean.  

Just now, SCX22 said:

Lint filters are checked everyday.  The cabin stewards cleaning the aft section rotate and have the responsibility of cleaning out the lint traps every day and they have to sign off on it.  It's a potential fire hazard because any lint trapped in the duct work is flammable.  There are two filters.  The obvious one is the filter that is built into the machine that even guests can check and clean themselves.  There is another filter at the rear of the machine where the dryer latches to the duct and has a skinny metal pole attached for easy access; this one only the cabin stewards can clean.  

Good to know!