Specialty Restaurant Reservations on the App

J13C85

Once your cruise is paid in full you can make the reservations. I had been able to make some prior to paying in full using the web version of the app but I think that was a glitch because it let me make them but then I couldn’t change until I paid in full. I could cancel but not rebook. 

5 hours ago, Tangerines91 said:

I’m a newbie to Princess and cruising altogether but reservations became possible for us via the app following final payment. 

Welcome to CruiseCritic!  Note that you can also make dining reservations on the "web version" if you prefer to use a desktop/laptop/tablet:

web version.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Welcome to CruiseCritic!  Note that you can also make dining reservations on the "web version" if you prefer to use a desktop/laptop/tablet:

web version.jpg

You can only do this if you haven't already linked the booking to an app, which is to say you can't go back and forth between the app and the web version, seems you have to do one or the other.

I also thought I could use OBC for these reservations.  Perhaps not until boarding.  That definitely creates a conundrum. I'm surprised I can apply OBC to excursions in advance but not specialty dining.

As for how far in advance these things open, I can confirm with  my existing reservations that I can make reservations for my April 6, 2024 booking right now, but I cannot make reservations for my October 26, 2024 sailing. So, while I don't know the exact number, I can narrow it down to somewhere between ~8 months and ~15 months.  Having said that, my October 26, 2024 sailing is on the Sun, which hasn't even had its inaugural sailing yet, so I don't know if the timelines are different for a new ship.  Probably not, but just a thought.

1 hour ago, PMGS247 said:

You can only do this if you haven't already linked the booking to an app, which is to say you can't go back and forth between the app and the web version, seems you have to do one or the other.

You absolutely *can* "go back and forth". I do it all the time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I do not log in with booking number, I use the same credentials as with Princess.com

Interesting. Very odd site.  By default when I click on that link it brings up that screen where it wants my name/DOB and a booking ID which always results in that "already claimed" error.  I then hit cancel and it took me to a more generic login screen where I could enter my Princess.com login/password.  I thought I was onto something, so I entered my login/password and it took me back to that same screen where it wanted the booking ID.

Then, because I'm a crazy person who expects different results from the same action (or I just know Princess's websites are extremely temperamental) I hit cancel again which took me back to the same generic login screen and entered my login/password again just like I described above only this time it didn't punt me back to the booking ID screen it actually brought me to the main app screen where I can do all the normal app stuff, including book dinners.  I would say maybe I mis-entered my password but I got no errors and I used my browser stored passwords both times. Just typical princess website weirdness.  It does work, but it took some serious effort to get in for me, and I'm generally quite adept at this stuff...very odd.

Lesson here is if you really want to use this web-based app; hopefully it performs more predictably for you, but if not, it may work if you're persistent.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 7:45 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

web version.jpg

Okay, another question. I have the premier package when will specialty dining reservations be open for a sailing on Sept 23rd? Every time I currently try it is wanting to charge me. Thanks!

On 8/9/2023 at 2:33 PM, PMGS247 said:

Then, because I'm a crazy person who expects different results from the same action (or I just know Princess's websites are extremely temperamental) I hit cancel again which took me back to the same generic login screen and entered my login/password again just like I described above only this time it didn't punt me back to the booking ID screen it actually brought me to the main app screen where I can do all the normal app stuff, including book dinners.

I have read of this happening per a very small number of posts over the past 1-2 years.

34 minutes ago, 1LoraL said:

Okay, another question. I have the premier package when will specialty dining reservations be open for a sailing on Sept 23rd? Every time I currently try it is wanting to charge me. Thanks!

Well...since you say it is trying to charge you...SD is "open".  The issue is that the system is not recognizing your dining credit(s).  Many people have just gone ahead and accepted the charge and then straightened it out with guest services once on board.  Is this issue happening with the app or the web version?  They *should* both do the same thing...but many times there is a disconnect between them.  Try "the other one" and see what you get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When booking SD with dinning credits I have found the app inconsistent, some voyages it will work right away and other voyages I have to come back and try another day until the “glitches” disappear. As an Elite member I have been able to book my preferred dining time a few days after making a reservation.

• Like 1

Not new to Princess, but has been 12 years. We booked an 7 night cruise in a penthouse suite on Discovery. Free SD the 1st night can only be booked once onboard. We get 2 SD and a 360: An Extraordinary Experience with our suite. Is 360: An Extraordinary Experience held every night? I'm wanting to book SD for the 2nd night on the App. Princess wants to charge my CC. Is Princess going to hold on to our money until we board, then credit our CC?