Bid to Upgrade - To include TA bookings?

Selbourne

20 hours ago, Fionboard said:

I have been offered a bid to upgrade. As usual though, solos in double cabins have to pay for two.  Have already paid almost the same price as two. No thanks! 

So annoying isn’t it? I have never bid on an upgrade for this reason. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Has anyone succesfully upgraded a bid whn booking via TA?

I was succesful in my bid, but can only pay the upgrade by phone - the hold messages seem to imply this line is dedicated for TA bookings as they keep telling me to speak to my TA for anything other than paying my upgrade bid.

However I've been trying to get through for almost 2 & a half hours, and tomorrow my 72 hr deadline expires.  Has anyone successfully paid for an upgrade bid on this line?

20 minutes ago, Weebo15 said:

Has anyone succesfully upgraded a bid whn booking via TA?

I was succesful in my bid, but can only pay the upgrade by phone - the hold messages seem to imply this line is dedicated for TA bookings as they keep telling me to speak to my TA for anything other than paying my upgrade bid.

However I've been trying to get through for almost 2 & a half hours, and tomorrow my 72 hr deadline expires.  Has anyone successfully paid for an upgrade bid on this line?

Have you tried going through your TA?

Posted (edited)

Not yet, but as they arent involved tin teh P&O Upgrade programme I doubt that will be much use. 

I was hoping someone here would have been able to tell a positive tale of using this payment line which I believeis unique for TA bookings when using the bid to upgrade programme.

EDIT:  Call finally answered and processed after 1hr 48.

Edited by Weebo15

20 hours ago, david63 said:

Have you tried going through your TA?

20 hours ago, Weebo15 said:

Not yet, but as they arent involved tin teh P&O Upgrade programme I doubt that will be much use. 

I was hoping someone here would have been able to tell a positive tale of using this payment line which I believeis unique for TA bookings when using the bid to upgrade programme.

EDIT:  Call finally answered and processed after 1hr 48.

The upgrade system does not involve agents so cannot pay them.

We had a successful bid for Aurora last April and DH had no probs getting through on the number given in the email notification of that.  He was answered very quickly and has no recollection any mention of needing to contact our agent for other purposes.  The number he was given was 0345 351 3775.

Glad you got through eventually.  Enjoy your cruise and hope your new cabin is a good one.