Added toppers to couch/bed

wenocancer2

My experience has been that they bring a thin mattress that goes on top of the couch. It is maybe 3-4 inches and like what is on the rollaways. Very comfortable. I know they did it last year because every day we would lift it off the couch and put it on top of our bed so we could have the couch back.

But last week they did not put anything on top. Just put sheets on the couch. I thought it was pretty hard but my daughter said it was comfortable enough. If she had been uncomfortable, I would have asked the room steward to add it. I know they had them because I saw one in the hallway on embarkation day when we dropped off the luggage. So, just ask if she isn’t comfortable. 

• Like 2

If driving to the port I bring an eggcrate. If flying I check to see if there’s a close Walmart or Target and pick one up. I put it on my bed myself and the room steward has never said anything. I have a bad back and have yet to find a cruise ship bed comfortable.

With the change to once a day service is it safe to assume they are not turning the couch back and forth during the day? Meaning that if you are cruising with enough people to need the couch bed that you essentially have just the couch bed the whole trip and no couch during the day?

3 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

With the change to once a day service is it safe to assume they are not turning the couch back and forth during the day? Meaning that if you are cruising with enough people to need the couch bed that you essentially have just the couch bed the whole trip and no couch during the day?

Unfortunately yes

20 hours ago, coffeeboy77 said:

I know this is a little off topic (apologies), but does anyone know how long the sofa bed is?  Could someone 6’2” be comfortable? Thanks!

When my oldest hit 5'10" or so, I had his feet in my face because they were stretching across the nightstand.  That was when we started to get the kids their own cabins ;)

1 hour ago, hhalliv said:

That’s right. When they put the mattress on top last year, it was easy to pick up the whole mattress, sheets and all, and just lay it across the foot of our bed. Then we had our couch back during the day. Not as easy without the mattress to take the sheets off and put them back on each day, so we didn’t bother.