Silhouette - Murano & Le Petit Chef

Tough Guy

I'm hoping for some help on the flexibility of menus in Murano & Le  Petit Chef.

My wife and I are taking our autistic daughter on a short cruise out of Southampton and she is a vegetarian.  I've book the restaurants above as at Le Petit Chef seemed like a good idea for dinner entertainment. My concerns now are lack of vegetarian options and whether they will actually be suitable.  Would there be any 'off menu' possibilities to satisfy my daughter?

Thanks for any help.

29 minutes ago, Tough Guy said:

I'm hoping for some help on the flexibility of menus in Murano & Le  Petit Chef.

My wife and I are taking our autistic daughter on a short cruise out of Southampton and she is a vegetarian.  I've book the restaurants above as at Le Petit Chef seemed like a good idea for dinner entertainment. My concerns now are lack of vegetarian options and whether they will actually be suitable.  Would there be any 'off menu' possibilities to satisfy my daughter?

Thanks for any help.

On boarding head to the two restaurants you have booked and explain your daughter is vegetarian and autistic. Not only will they arrange vegetarian options they will listen to you about your daughter’s sensory needs. For example, Le Petite Chef as you are probably aware, is a show with lights and sound. You may prefer to be nearer the door then if she is a little overwhelmed then it will be easier for you to take her out if she needs a break. In Murano service is slow paced but they will speed it up if requested. Also some seating is more central and if your daughter finds noise distracting your family may be better by a wall. That is my preference too!

On the morning of your dinner just pop by and remind them of your special requests…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 7

Great advice already given, also try to meet the Restaurant Manager, and let him know, he can pass to  the dining staff so they are aware.  There may be a dietary meeting offered, at check in, again a good place to discuss, as they make notes and pass back to the catering dept.  Will she have the Daisy lanyard with her? 

The Petit chef while it is sounds/lights, is not too rowdy, from recollection, and very entertaining. 

Another great option might be the Lawn Club, this is a very relaxed family style place to dine, and you can prepare your own flatbread pizzas, and choose from a salad bar etc. (Desserts to die for)

I hope you all have a great cruise, it is a beautiful ship!    

if you are dealing directly with a Celeb agent, call and let them know of your daughter’s needs.    There is a medical form on the website and search through it, should be a place for dietary needs.   By letting them know ahead, as well as speaking directly with the DR managers, they will do their best to accommadate your daughter.  As chemmo mentioned, some seating may not be the best for her, so the manager will try to assist you, if they know in advance.    Have a great trip

There should be no problem getting a vegetarian option in either restaurant.  You do not have to get the meal that is paired to the show in Le Petite Chef, they offer other options, I personally made changes to my menu.  Enjoy!