South America Pre and Post Cruise Extensions

janetmojo

I debated posting this in a specific cruise line forum but thought I might try here first.  I have traveled a good bit and I am usually in charge of all of our planning.  We are Pinnacle with RCL and Elite Plus with Celebrity but neither offer the extensive South American trip I am looking for.  Normally I'd never book a pre or post cruise extension with the cruise line but I am looking a pre trip Iguazu Falls and post trip Machu Picchu extensions (or vice versa).  These both involve a lot of logistics, flights, trains and I am wondering if it is worth splurging for the offerings from the cruise line (Princess specifically offers something a little like I am looking for) but I'm not set on any cruise line at this point bc not everyone has the winter 2025 trips out yet.   I'd also welcome any suggestions of better places to look for more in depth info on these...I know they are expensive but it's an area of the world I am super unfamiliar with. 

We just did this in Jan 2023. We did a 14 day NCL cruise on the Star from Santiago, Chile, to Buenos Aires, Argentina. We did 2 days in Santiago pre cruise and should have done more, and did 7 days post with 2 in BA 2 1/2 in Iguazu falls and the rest in Rio. 

We used the company Enchanted Travels to coordinate the pre and post trip activities. They were amazing, helpful, responsive, kind, and knowledgeable. I can't recommend them enough. I started trying to organize this myself and was quickly overwhelmed trying to keep track of where I needed a visa for, or where I could pre order tickets for excursions, and most importantly how to find a guide. They took care of that with ease and worked in my budget. If I can an post a link to them here please let me know. 

Shella73:  Would love to get the website for Enchanted.  I googled and a couple options came up.

We plan to do exactly what you did.  I already have the Santiago piece sorted out.  Can you give more detail on the BA/Iguazu/Rio portion of your trip ?  

Where did you stay in Rio ?  DId you feel safe ?

Thanks !  Appreciate any and all details !!  

We stayed a week in Buenos Aires in an AirBnB, but arranged a 2 day trip in the middle to Iguazu Falls. I tried to plan it myself but got overwhelmed with all the details , so ended up using EcoUruguay.com and they were great! Diego arranged flights, hotel, bus from airport and to the falls, guides at the falls. Great value 

• Like 1

Doing the planning Machu Picchu on your own is difficult since you have to organize a lot of tickets--Machu Picchu, train, flights from Lima--as well as hotels.  Then there is ground transportation at several points.  Some of the websites are not as foreign tourist friendly as they could be.  Iguazu Falls is much easier since you really only have to book flights and a hotel.  Ground transportation is pretty easy to manage at either end, too.  We had someone help us with Machu Picchu but had no difficulty arranging Iguazu Falls ourselves.  Either way, you will save a bunch over what the cruise line will charge and you can plan your own itinerary instead of being at the mercy of what they have arranged.  In addition, for less money, you can have a much more personal experience.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 7:10 AM, janetmojo said:

Thank you all so far, and I appreciate the fact that I am not the only one who is a little overwhelmed. I normally find myself a pretty capable travel planner but this one is a little out of my league.

One suggestion is that you could arrange a small group tour before or after your cruise with a company like Gate 1 Travel. We used them for Machu Picchu and they did a wonderful job. This way, you only have to navigate getting to and from the tour/ship, and they handle all the details. They have so many departures and tour options that something should line up. I am a person who loves logistics when it comes to travel planning, but the access to Machu Picchu via train, entry times, etc is a bit complicated. 

On 8/10/2023 at 10:55 PM, amachad said:

Shella73:  Would love to get the website for Enchanted.  I googled and a couple options came up.

We plan to do exactly what you did.  I already have the Santiago piece sorted out.  Can you give more detail on the BA/Iguazu/Rio portion of your trip ?  

Where did you stay in Rio ?  DId you feel safe ?

Thanks !  Appreciate any and all details !!  

I had a full review posted and went to add a pic and lost it. I will re write it. In the meantime, here is the company https://artemis.enchantingtravels.com/proposal/view/c72fec47e4d3d856666dd874f88e1040

Just now, Shella73 said:

I had a full review posted and went to add a pic and lost it. I will re write it. In the meantime, here is the company https://artemis.enchantingtravels.com/proposal/view/c72fec47e4d3d856666dd874f88e1040

Here is the official itinerary, with the cost for 6 people. Does not include flights to Chile from Boston. That was about $1400. Pp on American Airlines. Premium Economy. 

We did get all the recommended immunization. My insurance coverd all mine, my kids did not. It was about $700. 

Your trip to: Argentina, Chile and Brazil

Price & Inclusions

TRIP PRICE

USD 2,134 / person
sharing a Triple Room

Hotels Include:Casa Sur Bellini, La Aldea de la Selva Lodge, PortoBay...

Price Includes

• Accommodation in number of rooms as indicated for 7 days / 6 nights.
  • Meals as indicated
  • The following flights in economy class unless otherwise specified:
    • Buenos Aires - Puerto Iguazú
    • Foz do Iguacu - Rio de Janeiro

All activities as indicated:

• Buenos Aires: 15 Jan - 15 Jan: La Ventana Tango Show & Dinner in Group with Shared Transfer
  • Buenos Aires: 16 Jan - 16 Jan: City Tour of Buenos Aires
  • Puerto Iguazú: 17 Jan - 17 Jan: Visit to the Brazilian Side of Iguazu Waterfalls
  • Puerto Iguazú: 18 Jan - 18 Jan: Visit to the Argentine Side of Iguazu Waterfalls
  • Puerto Iguazú: 18 Jan - 18 Jan: Iguazu Great Adventure
  • Rio de Janeiro: 19 Jan - 19 Jan: Self Organised time in Rio
  • Rio de Janeiro: 20 Jan - 20 Jan: Full Day Corcovado and Sugarloaf Tour
  • Rio de Janeiro: 21 Jan - 21 Jan: One Hotel Room till January 22nd

Chile, Argentina and Brazil

• An air conditioned vehicle with chauffeur for the activities specified in the itinerary

South America

• Entry fees, unless otherwise specified in the itinerary

• If your itinerary includes self-drive travel then all such travel comes with CDW insurance for an unlimited number of kilometers. For further details about the type of car please speak to your Travel Consultant

• All transfers as indicated above

• Your Trip Coordinator: a 24/7 point of contact, supporting you during your trip

• Carbon emissions offsetting for your trip

• Fees and taxes

Not Included

Puerto Iguazú

• Visitor's tax of 25 ARS per person per night, payable directly at the hotel (max. for 3 nights)

South America

• Tips, additional meals and personal expenses
  • Visa fees and immigration-related expenses
  • Travel, health and cancellation insurance
  • International airfare (from your home country to your destination and return), unless specified under the trip inclusions above

Booking and Important Info

Booking Information

If you are happy with your personalized trip detailed above and wish to proceed, go ahead and book this trip with us through just a few easy steps. Click on the "BOOK TRIP" button and follow the simple steps to:

• Enter the personal details of all travelers. We require this information in order to complete your bookings.
  • Proceed with your advance payment or pay in full for your trip right now and, if required, payment for your international flights (100%). You can make the payment either by bank transfer, or by check, or by credit card on our secure online payment page. Credit card payments are subject to a 2% fee.
  • Upload scanned copies of your passport which is required to book your flights and other services relevant to your trip. Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the start date of your trip and in some cases, may require longer validity. Please make sure to check your passport’s validity and visa requirements for the countries you are visiting based on your nationality. Incorrect or missing information may lead to an additional booking charge. All personal information you provide us is confidential and never shared with third parties except for our service partners in the countries that you will visit. For more information, please read our Privacy Policy: http://www.enchantingtravels.com/privacy-policy
  • You will find information on visas included below. Please complete your visa application well in time for your trip. Please also note that visa regulations may change at short notice.
  • Once you have completed your booking form, you will be able to download your booking documents.

The remaining balance of your trip price is due 90 days before the start of your trip unless you pay in full for your trip at the time of booking. You will receive your travel documents, including your hotel vouchers, tickets, contact details, etc, in digital format from your Trip Coordinator. Your booking is subject to our general Terms and Conditions, which you can view at http://www.enchantingtravels.com/terms-conditions

Visa Information

Argentina: US, Canadian, UK or Australian citizens do not need a visa for stays of up to 90 days in Argentina.

Chile: US nationals using a US passport do not need a visa to enter Chile for tourism. You must have a passport that is valid for the period of intended stay and must have at least two blank pages remaining. There is no reciprocity fee. Canadian nationals using a Canadian passport do not need a visa to enter Chile for tourism. You must have a passport that is valid for the period of intended stay and must have at least two blank pages remaining. There is no reciprocity fee. British nationals traveling with a British passport do not need a visa to enter Chile for tourism. You must have a passport that is valid for the period of intended stay and must have at least two blank pages remaining. There is no reciprocity fee. EU nationals traveling with an EU passport do not need a visa to enter Chile for tourism. You must have a passport that is valid for the period of intended stay and must have at least two blank pages remaining. There is no reciprocity fee. Australian citizens traveling with an Australian passport need a visa to enter Chile for tourism (From December 17, 2019). The visa must be applied for at the Chilean consulate closest to the applicant’s place of residence. The cost is approximately $145 USD. Passengers arriving in Chile by plane in transit to travel to another country are exempt from the visa requirement as long as they do not pass through immigration control and they remain in the transit area of the airport. Transit must not exceed 8 hours.

Brazil: US, Canadian, UK or Australian citizens do not need a visa for stays of up to 90 days in Brazil.

Please ensure that there are sufficient blank pages in your passport (usually at least two) and that your passport is valid (usually for at least six months from the date of your entry into the destination). In order to apply for your visa or ETA online, you will need a digital passport-sized photo (in jpg format), a legible, color scan of the first page of your passport (in PDF format), and a credit card to pay the visa fees. In order to obtain a visa upon arrival, if applicable for the destination, you will need to produce one to two passport-sized photos, depending on your destination. Please note that payment by credit card is not always possible for visas on arrival and that the fee is usually payable in the local currency or in US Dollars or Euros, in which case you may be charged a considerable exchange fee.

If you arriving at your destination from an area with yellow fever risk, you will be required to furnish proof of yellow fever vaccination in the form of an authorized certificate or document.

Please note that due to COVID-19, entry requirements for your destination may change at short notice. For latest visa information please visit

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html(USA), https://travel.gc.ca/(Canada),https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/(Australia) or https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice (UK).

Your travel consultant/trip coordinator will be happy to answer any questions and provide further information.

Travel Insurance information

Enchanting Travels is partnered with RedPoint Individual Travel Insurance to offer travel insurance for guests residing in the USA and Canada. Once you book your trip, your travel consultant will send you a quote for travel insurance, which we highly recommend you purchase in order to protect yourself against incurring cancellation fees in case you need to cancel your trip due to medical illness, family emergency, personal reasons or other factors beyond your control.

For guests residing outside the USA and Canada, you may purchase travel insurance from any provider.

Important Notes

Offer validity: Your proposal is valid for seven days. Certain components of your trip, such as internal flights or activities in national parks, can only be booked with a copy of your passport. Please note that prices for such components are subject to change until we receive your passport copies and complete the final booking.

Availability: Hotels, flights, and other components of your trip are subject to availability at the time of booking. Please note that the availability of specific hotels can change daily and we can only guarantee availability once the hotel reservations are confirmed. As soon as you have confirmed your trip booking by paying the deposit, we will begin with the reservation process. In case specific hotels, flights or other components of your trip are unavailable at this time, we will recommend equivalent alternatives to you.

Remark on cruises: Hotels that are included in a cruise itinerary for stays on land before, during, or after a cruise, are selected and booked by the respective cruise companies. These may change depending on availability and are often confirmed only closer to the date of travel. If you have any questions, please contact your travel consultant/trip coordinator."

Duration of drives: We have specified the average duration of each drive in your itinerary. The actual duration of the drive may vary depending on traffic and road conditions. For larger vehicles in which four or more people are traveling together, the duration of the drive may increase by 10-25%.

Checking in and out at hotels: In most hotels, the check-in time is 3 pm, and check-out time is 11 am. If you arrive before the check-in time or depart after check-out time, we can request the hotel for early check-in or a late check-out. This depends, however, on the availability of the room and therefore cannot be guaranteed. If you want a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out (at an additional charge) please inform your travel consultant.

Flexibility during your trip: We specialize in private, tailor-made vacations so you can truly experience the essence of each destination from up close. Your trip is a bespoke experience that caters to your personal interests and wishes, and your trip coordinator is available to you before and during your trip to advise and assist you. In some of our destinations, you can enjoy greater flexibility and can spontaneously decide on activities and excursions on the spot for each day. In other destinations, there may be limited flexibility based on local conditions and arrangements. If you wish to make any changes to your itinerary, hotels or sightseeing excursions before or during the trip, we will do our best to accommodate your requests. However, please note that in many such cases, our partners charge up to 100% of the cancellation fees. Your trip coordinator will be happy to provide you with more information about any such charges that may be incurred before we discuss your request for changes with our partners.

Local guides: Your local guides are available for the duration of the scheduled activity only. Please contact your travel consultant/trip coordinator for further details.

"Activities: For detailed information on activities, please refer to the activity descriptions in your itinerary. In case of any questions, please contact your travel consultant or trip coordinator.

Activities in Chile: Due to changing weather conditions, the timings and dates of the activities in each region may change. We will do our best to keep the changes to a minimum, but it is not possible to guarantee the date and time of activities in San Pedro de Atacama or Easter Island. Your trip coordinator will be in touch with you throughout your trip and inform you about any necessary changes."

Group activities: Please note that timings are subject to change. Your activities may start 15 to 30 minutes after the stipulated time. Group transfers often entail several stops, which is why the actual pick-up time may be up to one hour later than the stipulated time.

"Hotel activities: These are offered directly by the hotel and carried out by a tour guide from the hotel, mostly in small groups.

Hotel activities in Chile: Due to changing weather conditions, the times and dates of hotel activities in Torres del Paine can only be finalized on a short term basis."

Hotel and airport transfers: Please note that most of our chauffeurs assigned for your transfers only speak the local language or have limited English skills. If you prefer an English-speaking chauffeur, please contact your travel consultant. Please note that this facility may result in an additional charge.

Flights included in your itinerary: Airlines may change their schedule at the last minute. Should such a change affect your itinerary, your trip coordinator will inform you and assist you in making any related changes to the subsequent days of your journey with us.

Flights from Galapagos Islands: Flights from Galapagos Islands start usually in the early morning between 6:00 am and 09:00 am. Please prepare for early departures. "

"Luggage restrictions on internal flights: Flights proposed above are booked in economy class, unless otherwise stated under the 'included in price' section. Depending on the airline, baggage allowances vary between 15 to 23 kg for checked-in luggage and 3 to 10 kg for hand luggage. Please note that the luggage allowance on your internal flights can be lower than the luggage allowance on your international flights and thus additional costs may be incurred for excess luggage on internal flights. For further information, please contact your travel consultant/trip coordinator.

Luggage restrictions for Puerto Maldonado: In your rainforest lodges you may carry 10 to 15 kg of luggage plus one hand luggage per person depending on the lodge you will be staying. This is based on the fact that the only way to reach these lodges is by boat and we have planned the same for you. Although the lodge staff is flexible here, we recommend, if possible, to comply with these limitations. Not needed luggage is kept safe by the lodges and handed over to you when you return to Puerto Maldonado again.

Luggage restrictions for Isla Suasi: On the speed boat that takes you to the island from the mainland, you may carry 9 kg per person, as the boat has limited capacity. Therefore we recommend to pack only what is necessary for your stay, remaining luggage may be stored in your hotel on the mainland. After returning from the island, it will be handed over to you again.

Luggage restrictions for Galapagos Islands: The luggage allowance on internal flights by Emetebe is 12 kg per person and there will be 5 to 9 passengers on your flight. Please note that any luggage arriving on Galapagos Islands will be checked by the national park authorities since it is strictly forbidden to bring any organic items. Once your luggage is checked, it will be marked with a stamped tag, which needs to be kept on the luggage for your check-in Quito or Guayaqui. "

Train journey to Machu Picchu: On your train ride to and from Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) as well as on the Huchuy Qosqo Trek, you are allowed to carry a maximum of 5 kg of luggage per person. We recommend that you pack only the essentials for this journey, and leave the rest of your luggage in Cusco or Sacred Valley. The luggage limitations do not apply if you are taking the Inca Trail or Salkantay trekking trail from Cusco to Machu Picchu, in which case you are allowed to carry 10 kg (22 lbs) on the Inca Trail or 7 kg on the Salkantay Trek per person. If depositing your luggage at your hotel is logistically impossible, your trip coordinator will take care of onward transportation of your bags.

Ferries, catamarans, boats: Due to weather conditions, there can be delays and cancellations at the last minute. Rest assured that your trip coordinator will keep you informed of any cancellations or delays. Overnight cruises and cross-border trips: Please take along your passport or ID card. You might also get a form on arrival that needs to be filled before boarding.

Travel with a rental car: A minimum age (usually 21 years), as well as a maximum age for the driver, may apply while renting a vehicle, depending on the destination you visit, the provider and the type of your rental vehicle. Additionally, in most cases, it is a requirement that the person driving the vehicle has been in possession of a driving license for at least one year at the time of rental. While picking up your rental vehicle, you will have to present your driving license - in some cases in combination with your international driving license - as well as a credit card. Please check that you have sufficient insurance coverage. The terms and conditions set by the vehicle provider apply to each rental. For more information, please contact your travel consultant/trip coordinator.

Travel with experts you can trust

You are always in safe hands

Safe & Secure: A handpicked panel of licensed and skilled chauffeurs, safety-tested vehicles and hotels that follow the highest health standards. A local team that continuously monitors the situation to offer the most reliable advice.

Fully Supported Travel: A dedicated, personal Trip Coordinator available 24/7 during your trip to handle all requests and emergencies so you can have a completely seamless, hassle-free experience.

100% Financial Protection: Enchanting Travels is a member of various reputed associations that guarantee both our professional approach and provide financial insurance to our guests. Our financial security is highly protected as a result of being owned by large travel and private equity firms.

Experience the Enchanting difference

Authentic & Unique Experiences: Award-winning, licensed local guides who provide incredible insights and insider tips; unique and exclusive experiences that go well beyond the beaten path.

Personalized For You:Fully customized private trips that match your interests and preferences made possible through our expertise and local presence. Tell us your travel dream and we will create an itinerary packed with the best experiences your destination has to offer.

Highest Standards of Quality: Hotels, services, excursions and recommended restaurants that are personally tested by our team. Unique and exclusive experiences that remain with you for a lifetime.

Accreditations, Awards & Press

With over 15 continuous years of growth and over 40,000 delighted guests, we've earned numerous accolades and press coverage and are members of leading travel association including the American Society of Travel Agents, Australian Federation of Travel Agents and several local associations in Latin America, Asia, Africa, Oceania and Middle East (IATO, KATO, TOFT).

ACCREDITATIONS

accreditations_v1.2663b1d.png

REVIEWS & AWARDS

reviews.2c017a6.png

PRESS & COVERAGE

press.5e244af.png
21 Jul 2022

Trip Proposal for Evan Tarver

Countries: Argentina, Chile and Brazil

Dear Aaron,

Welcome to Enchanting Travels!

Your search for a tailor-made trip of a lifetime to Chile, Argentina and Brazil has come to an end! I am delighted to share the perfect trip below that I have personally designed for you based on your preferences and interests. You will enjoy an authentic experience with us backed by a high level of expertise, complete safety and security, and personalized care for you and your trip.

I am happy to discuss this trip with you in more detail if you wish. When you are ready, go ahead and click the Book This Trip button, and then sit back, relax and enjoy your preparations for your journey to Chile, Argentina and Brazil

15 Jan 2023 - 21 Jan 2023: 7 days

Santiago de Chile (0) - Buenos Aires (2) - Puerto Iguazú (2) - Rio de Janeiro (2)

Itinerary Summary

DAY 1 - 1 SANTIAGO DE CHILE (A) 0 Night: 15 Jan - 15 Jan
Hotel

Activities
Travel Details
  •  
DAY 1 - 3 BUENOS AIRES (B) 2 Nights: 15 Jan - 17 Jan
Hotel

Casa Sur Bellini

• 1 Executive (Triple)
  • 1 Executive (Triple)
  • Breakfast
Activities
  • 15 Jan: La Ventana Tango Show & Dinner in Group with Shared Transfer
  • 16 Jan: City Tour of Buenos Aires
Travel Details
  • Private Transfer from R&M Departamentos (Teatinos 690, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile ) to SAN ANTONIO Alan Macowan 0245 with English Guide - Transfer from Buenos Aires Port to Hotel
DAY 3 - 5 PUERTO IGUAZÚ (C) 2 Nights: 17 Jan - 19 Jan
Hotel

La Aldea de la Selva Lodge

• 1 Standard Room (Triple)
  • 1 Standard Room (Triple)
  • Breakfast
Activities
  • 17 Jan: Visit to the Brazilian Side of Iguazu Waterfalls
  • 18 Jan: Visit to the Argentine Side of Iguazu Waterfalls
  • 18 Jan: Iguazu Great Adventure
Travel Details
  • Transfer from Buenos Aires Hotel to Domestic Airport - Flight from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazú - Transfer to Hotel
DAY 5 - 7 RIO DE JANEIRO (D) 2 Nights: 19 Jan - 21 Jan
Hotel

PortoBay

• 1 Superior Room (Triple)
  • 1 Superior Room (Triple)
  • Breakfast
Activities
  • 19 Jan: Self Organised Time in Rio
  • 20 Jan: Full Day Corcovado and Sugarloaf Tour
  • 21 Jan: One Hotel Room till January 22nd
Travel Details
  • Transfer from Puerto Iguazu Hotel to Airport - Flight from Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro - Transfer from airport to hotel with Portuguese-speaking Chauffeur - Transfer to airport with Portuguese-speaking Chauffeur
    On your final day, transfer to the airport for your international departure.

a.png
b.png
c.png
d.png
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i3!2i3!3i5!4i256!2m3!1e0
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i3!2i2!3i5!4i256!2m3!1e0
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i3!2i3!3i4!4i256!2m3!1e0
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i3!2i3!3i3!4i256!2m3!1e0
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i3!2i2!3i4!4i256!2m3!1e0
vt?pb=!1m5!1m4!1i3!2i2!3i3!4i256!2m3!1e0

transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png

Use two fingers to move the map

Keyboard shortcuts

Map data ©2023 Google, INEGI

Price Summary

TRIP PRICE

USD 2,134 / person
sharing a Triple Room

Hotels Include:Casa Sur Bellini, La Aldea de la Selva Lodge, PortoBay...

• Excludes International flights. Based on 6 people traveling together.
  • Your Trip Proposal is valid for 7 days.
  • For details on pricing and inclusions, please refer to this section below.

24/7 Support during your trip

Unlike other travel companies, we offer a personal Trip Coordinator to support your trip. Your Trip Coordinator is available 24/7 to manage logistics, accommodate special requests, and take care of small details to ensure a seamless, hassle-free experience.

Service: Value for money

Using early-bird booking offers from our preferred hotel partners, I have created an itinerary that is excellent value-for-money and yet continues to offer our high quality services.

I have handpicked all the hotels and activities in your itinerary to ensure that your trip is customized to your interests and pace. But that’s not all: from now until you return home, rest assured that we will do everything we can to ensure that your journey with us is unique, relaxing, stress free and above all else, enchanting. For us, a successful trip is one where you come to know America as well as we do. I have planned your vacation so you can do just that: relax, enjoy and experience this beautiful country and its people in depth firsthand. In the following sections, you will find all the specific details of your itinerary, which are tailored to your interests. I am confident that this trip will offer you all the fascinating experiences and unique encounters that you are looking for.

Your Personal Travel Consultant

355_Katie%20Sturges_Katie%20Sturges.png

Katie Sturges
+1 720-551-8432
katie.s@enchantingtravels.com

Travel Itinerary

Santiago de Chile

0 Nights : 15 Jan - 15 Jan

Santiago de Chile is the capital city of Chile. Located in the center of the country at the fo... Read More

3fbd9a1f-e8c9-405d-b38d-542f56503521.jpg

Private Transfer from R&M Departamentos (Teatinos 690, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile ) to SAN ANTONIO Alan Macowan 0245 with English Guide - Transfer from Buenos Aires Port to Hotel

Buenos Aires

2 Nights : 15 Jan - 17 Jan

The capital of Argentina is unique in the way of combining Latin American lifestyle along with... Read More

e621c865-3420-4119-8d71-f0f506c19ba9.jpg

Included Activities

15 Jan
La Ventana Tango Show & Dinner in Group with Shared Transfer

Spend the evening at La Ventana Tango in the neighborhood of San Telmo, one of the historic ce... Read More

16 Jan
City Tour of Buenos Aires

Explore the pulsating Argentine capital on this tour of the city’s iconic destinations. Set of... Read More

Hotel

Casa Sur Bellini
ROOM 1 Executive (Triple) and 1 Executive (Triple)
MEALS Breakfast
STYLE Boutique

Transfer from Buenos Aires Hotel to Domestic Airport - Flight from Buenos Aires to Puerto Iguazú - Transfer to Hotel

Puerto Iguazú

2 Nights : 17 Jan - 19 Jan

Puerto Iguazú on the Argentinean side and Foz do Iguacu on the Brazilian side are not just the... Read More

3922f198-6c71-4f27-8bbe-1d86cb46ea65.jpg

Included Activities

17 Jan
Visit to the Brazilian Side of Iguazu Waterfalls

On this half day tour, take in the incredible panoramic view of Iguazu Waterfalls. From the am... Read More

18 Jan
Visit to the Argentine Side of Iguazu Waterfalls

Gain a deep perspective of the breathtaking waterfalls, recently named one of the seven natura... Read More

18 Jan
Iguazu Great Adventure

Enchance your visit to the Argentina side of the Iguazu Waterfalls with an exciting boat ride ... Read More

Hotel

ROOM 1 Standard Room (Triple) and 1 Standard Room (Triple)
MEALS Breakfast
STYLE Lodge

Transfer from Puerto Iguazu Hotel to Airport - Flight from Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro - Transfer from airport to hotel with Portuguese-speaking Chauffeur - Transfer to airport with Portuguese-speaking Chauffeur

Rio de Janeiro

2 Nights : 19 Jan - 21 Jan

Rio de Janiero's famous icons include Copacabana, Sugar Loaf, Samba, Ipanema, Caipirinha cockt... Read More

e94411dc-55a9-498e-9046-cff7cda186b4.jpg

Included Activities

19 Jan
Self Organised Time in Rio

20 Jan
Full Day Corcovado and Sugarloaf Tour

This private full day tour takes you to the two major landmarks of Rio, in fact of Brazil: Cor... Read More

21 Jan
One Hotel Room till January 22nd

Hotel room booked till 22nd January as the guest are having a late flight on January 21st

Hotel

PortoBay
ROOM 1 Superior Room (Triple) and 1 Superior Room (Triple)
MEALS Breakfast
STYLE International

On your final day, transfer to the airport for your international departure.

Hotel Information

All our hotels have been tested by our team for high quality, service, and health and safety standards. The level of luxury and comfort at each hotel will naturally vary based on the budget and destinations you visit. In some destinations, you can choose any one of the hotels listed in the itinerary, and we can mix and match your accommodations to suit your preferences. For more information on the hotels, please visit their official websites listed below.

Buenos Aires

Casa Sur Bellini
Website

Casa Sur Bellini is a brand new hotel located in the heart of the parks and garden district of... Read More

f41d3597-e8e2-405c-98ef-40c47126d27c.jpg
ROOM 1 Executive (Triple) and 1 Executive (Triple)
MEALS Breakfast
STYLE Boutique

Puerto Iguazú

Website

Surrounded by the lush and exuberant flora of the Selva Iriapú rainforest lies Aldea La Selva ... Read More

ed02bf68-1ab9-45c9-861b-52a2f9d081fe.jpg
ROOM 1 Standard Room (Triple) and 1 Standard Room (Triple)
MEALS Breakfast
STYLE Lodge

Rio de Janeiro

PortoBay
Website

PortoBay at Rio's Copacabana Beach offers everything you need to make your stay a memorable on... Read More

aa051b2e-1c01-46f9-aefa-a65484cce705.jpg
ROOM 1 Superior Room (Triple) and 1 Superior Room (Triple)
MEALS Breakfast
STYLE International

Your trip of a lifetime to Argentina, Chile and Brazil begins here!

TEXT

Katie Sturges
+1 720-551-8432
katie.s@enchantingtravels.com

© Copyright 2021 Enchanting Travels

It was our 1st international trip that wasn't a cruise, had a lot of moving parts, 6 people, and changing Covid landscape. They were well worth every penny in organization of travel within South American and the arrangement of guides. I'd do it again. 

We just contacted them to help with a plan for a 12 day trip to China for 2 in 2026. 

• 1 month later...

We have used Defrantur (https://www.defrantur.com/ingles/) for tours and transfers in Buenos Aires three times.

In 2011, they picked us up at EZE and we did a private tour of BA, tour to the falls, winery tours in Argentina, crossed the Andes on a bus, city tour in Santiago, winery tours in Chile, and were delivered to the cruise port in Valpariaso. During the cruise, Defrantur organized shared (with other Cruise Critic members) shore excursions in BA and Montevideo. Our cruise ended in Rio, so we had to use a different company there for a tour and airport transfer. This is our review of the cruise with all the details:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80603

We are doing a South America cruise with HAL in February, and have booked pre and post cruise land trips to Machu Picchu, Iguazu Falls and Rio, we are staying in hotels, not back packing or anything. I’m now trying to decide if additional immunisation or malaria tablets are essential. Any advice greatly appreciated.