Luggage Allowance

Deep68

Has anyone taken more than the 2 suitcase limit per person onboard?

I am taking a transatlantic and will moving abroad.

Wondering if I could even pay to take more luggage or book two rooms etc.

No need to pay for extra on the cruise, your flight which we're not talking about is a different story. 

You can bring as many as you like, it is good to be kind to the stewards who have to  tote your bags to  your cabin for you.  So maybe don't make them too heavy please. 

11 minutes ago, Deep68 said:

Has anyone taken more than the 2 suitcase limit per person onboard?

I am taking a transatlantic and will moving abroad.

Wondering if I could even pay to take more luggage or book two rooms etc.

There is no limit to the number of bags... in reality. No limit on weight. Tip the port porters and they will accept all of your bags. But, you will need to find a place for them in your room. We can fit two suitcases under each bed,,, normally. 

Edited by BirdTravels

4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

No need to pay for extra on the cruise, your flight which we're not talking about is a different story. 

You can bring as many as you like, it is good to be kind to the stewards who have to  tote your bags to  your cabin for you.  So maybe don't make them too heavy please. 

Thank You, I will be driving to the port so not an issue with the airlines. We would certainly tip the porters and attendants well and ensure nothing was above 50lbs. 

The NCL site states the following "Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are travelling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions", hence my concerns

Edited by Deep68

Back in the day of formal nights...two bags pp barley cut it! Especially on a 14-night South American cruise where you experience a wide range of temperatures.  Consider using suite case size vacuum bags to cut down on the bulk inside the bag.  Won't reduce the weight, just the bulk.