aft balcony room

C cruise

I have cabin 13308 on Norwegian Escape - its a Aft Balcony room ... I have never been on Escape and never had an aft balcony room...and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this type cabin on this ship and can tell me about it.

Best location on any ship! I've had an aft room twice on Getaway. Loved it! Far enough from the crowds, but only a couple minute walk to the middle of the ship and five minutes to the front. You'll love the peace of watching the wake, especially at sunrise/sunset. Enjoy!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SimplyAlbert said:

While we had a regular balcony on the Escape, we had an aft-balcony on her sister ship, the Breakaway.  Absolutely loved it.  There was enough room for two loungers, two chairs, and a table, with plenty of room to maneuver around them. 

Deck 13 is the least deep aft-facing balcony on both classes of ship. The OP can't fit those on their balcony.

• Like 1

Best place for your Suite. Amazing views without the winds! Large with Lounge chairs = private sun!! Only place we ever book! You will never go back to any other location.

I hope you enjoy an awesome cruise!

Cheers

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Postcards said:

Large with Lounge chairs = private sun!!

Not in this case.....

2 hours ago, C cruise said:

I have cabin 13308 on Norwegian Escape - its a Aft Balcony room

....13308/13908 on Escape has a small aft-facing balcony.....

More information on Escape aft-facing balcony staterooms in the following thread....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SimplyAlbert said:

While we had a regular balcony on the Escape, we had an aft-balcony on her sister ship, the Breakaway.

Escape and Breakaway are two different classes of ship and the balcony sizes are different for both the aft-facing and the side. Generally, aft-facing is deeper on Breakaway/Getaway and side is deeper on Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore. 

• Like 1

If a deck 12 B1 balcony is available you might ask to switch staterooms.

NCL usually does at no charge in same category unless you booked a guarantee balcony.

At 17:41 minutes into this YouTube video by Wicked SIPPERS FLIPPERS & TRIPPERS they do a room tour of aft facing B1 balcony stateroom 13308.  Video was posted in 2019 so not sure if there have been updates but layout would be same

Here is a YouTube video by RobertG529 posted 7 years ago of Escape 12910.  You can see how much deeper the balcony is on deck 12 versus deck 13

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Not in this case.....

....13308/13908 on Escape has a small aft-facing balcony.....

More information on Escape aft-facing balcony staterooms in the following thread....

wish I had asked this before I booked -- I will look at seeing if there is anyway I can change decks... thanks so much for the information 

1 hour ago, C cruise said:

Thank you everyone for the answers -- I called my TA and he was able to change my cabin to 9922... I hope this is a better cabin..

You will love the huge balcony on Deck 9!  Plenty of room for two loungers, two chairs and a small table.   We like Deck 9 as it's easy to walk down a flight or two to all of the venues.  Deck 8 is a great place to pick up a frozen drink to enjoy on that balcony😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The balcony is deeper. The bed is near the closet. 

I especially thank you as you pointed out the small balcony.... also there were only 2 aft cabins available -this one and one on the 14th deck..