Any reviews for American Dream and / or Sunshine States & Sands?

We did this cruise it was awesome loved every minute, New York so much to see and do ,we did New York tour with tui, excellent full day , did the Big bus tour next day , all the ports were great apart from Freeport,only a little shopping stop ,most places not open as we docked early , Miami loved it , key west best ice cream ever , Charleston is a gorgeous town with a huge market , we were lucky we docked in Manhattan,the cruise down the Hudson was unreal , the view from onboard was beautiful ( I have posted a 

picture but it’s upside down, sorry) this was from our balcony, please just do the trip you won’t regret it , we would love to do it again but it’s only for this season . 

2 hours ago, Sheera07 said:

We did this cruise it was awesome loved every minute, New York so much to see and do ,we did New York tour with tui, excellent full day , did the Big bus tour next day , all the ports were great apart from Freeport,only a little shopping stop ,most places not open as we docked early , Miami loved it , key west best ice cream ever , Charleston is a gorgeous town with a huge market , we were lucky we docked in Manhattan,the cruise down the Hudson was unreal , the view from onboard was beautiful ( I have posted a 

picture but it’s upside down, sorry) this was from our balcony, please just do the trip you won’t regret it , we would love to do it again but it’s only for this season . 

Thankyou so much for replying. Glad you had a great time. I’m sure we will too! 😃

Thanks for the photo. I would probably have done it upside down too 🤣

Hi Jim the Scot

glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. Where’s the next one going?
I have couple of questions re flying from Glasgow. Did you check in online alright, and print off your flight boarding passes ok, if not how did you get on at the airport and what about coming home? Sorry to sound an idiot but I’m one of those who likes to know how everything’s going to work out. Having never checked in online etc before. Was so much easier when I had a paper ticket in hand! (Ohh, does that  make me sound old!)

Hi LadyJayne,

You can checkin online 48 hours before departure. I think the boarding passes are given out at the airport when you checkin. If you have a Tui shop nearby, pop in and they will help you. We are going to ours on Friday to get any printing we need done. We preferred the old way of doing as well 😊 Enjoy your cruise.

4 hours ago, ladyjayneq said:

Hi Jim the Scot

glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. Where’s the next one going?
I have couple of questions re flying from Glasgow. Did you check in online alright, and print off your flight boarding passes ok, if not how did you get on at the airport and what about coming home? Sorry to sound an idiot but I’m one of those who likes to know how everything’s going to work out. Having never checked in online etc before. Was so much easier when I had a paper ticket in hand! (Ohh, does that  make me sound old!)

Hi L

Back to the Med for our next one

We checked in online without a problem but you cannot print off boarding passes for the USA.You are given your boarding passes at check in desk at airport

Coming home was the same.Checked in on my phone and boarding passes issued at airport

Our flight coming home along with every other flight was delayed,ours by 3 hrs

Thankfully we were in the TUI lounge,with food,drink and access to an outside area(smoking)otherwise the hrs hanging about the airport would have felt longer

Have a good one

Thanks Jim, 

that’s clarified a few worries I had 👍🏻. Not so good about the delay for you, I’ve been seeing a lot about delays for  all sorts of reasons and TUI seem to be trying to get out of paying compensation for most. Oh well, we’ll keep our fingers crossed that neither of us have delays on our upcoming cruises. 🤞

Hi   can anyone who has sailed into Miami tell us if there are shuttle buses into the city when you  dock.   So far we have not booked a Marella excursion in Miami but may have to as it looks  quite a distance to the city or Miami south beach the other way.

Thanks 

There were no shuttle buses when I was there in May.

It looked at least a half hour walk by the side of a busy road to go to & from the port.

I was intending to walk back from the Bay Side shopping area when we had done our bay cruise, but it was so hot that I decided to go back with the coach, although there were some taxis about, it would only be 5 minutes in a taxi.

PS: Miami covers a vast area. I did the tour that took in Little Havana, which is one road with cigar shops interspersed with Starbucks, Dominoes etc. We didn't see South Beach, that was a different direction. Then we did the bay tour where you gawp at rich people's houses! In my opinion you need to do a tour, whether that is with Marella or independently.