Fancy/Formal Night?

mosiegirl

I believe it depends on the length of the sailing, but dress code for elegant night are just a suggestion. I believe you won't be turned away unless men are wearing open-toed shoes or tank tops. MSC does offer surf & turf with lobster on elegant nights when they have them.

• Like 1

I like what MSC puts on their Daily Program when it comes to Suggested Evening Dress: Gala

"On Gala Night, dress to impress! Whether that means a tuxedo, suit and tie, evening gown or cocktail dress, or perhaps it's your very best jeans and polo shirt, your attire should fit your own level of elegance. Please note that: shorts, flip flops, tank-tops and t-shirts are not welcomed in the main dining rooms, lounges, and theatre."

However, depending on the cruise and the restaurant staff we have seen all sorts of varying degrees of undress allowed into the restaurants. 'Class is as class does'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, mosiegirl said:

is lobster served?

We had lobster on the menu. But last week MSC instituted a $5 charge for a second entree. Good question if there is a different charge for lobster in the MDR or even a $5 extra charge for this second entree. Will find out when we return end of September 2023. (Unless someone beats me to it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We had lobster on the menu. But last week MSC instituted a $5 charge for a second entree.

TWO lobster tails is a Yacht Club tradition. It even has a nickname.

This is a good example of how bringing children (who don't eat lobster) is a good thing. I'll just eat theirs if I can't have a second one included without charge. 🦞🦞😁

8 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

This is a good example of how bringing children (who don't eat lobster) is a good thing. I'll just eat theirs if I can't have a second one included without charge. 🦞🦞😁

The charge does not apply in the YC, so you are safe 🙂

The surf and turf was excellent on Seascape two weeks ago.  Well, the filet was. I don't like lobster, but I had a delicious steak where my 4-year old got 2 lobster tails with his surf and turf! 

That might have also been the dish with the most amazing mashed potatoes.

• Like 2