Neptune / 4120

lido1

We have stayed next door in the DV1 4122 and 4123. We love aft cabins. The sail away views are incredible as is the mesmerising wake. On the last cruise we were invited into the ES by our neighbor. It was spectacular. If we could afford it, the aft ES would be the cabin of our choice.

image.thumb.jpeg.8cf5dae91874d81f644f22236eb2f003.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

Lido1 - just so that you know and are aware for the future:

You don't have to specify the Viking Ocean ship name (i.e.Neptune) when you ask about cabin numbers.  At least for now, they are all the same layout for the current 9 Viking Ocean ships (Star, Sea, Sky, Orion, Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Neptune, Saturn).  There are some small variances around the ship and in the cabins, but not the cabins' locations.

• Like 1

We stayed in 4120 2 years ago on Orion on a 7 day itinerary.

It's a lot of space, but not necessarily all especially useful. We used the dining table as a dumping ground for cameras and things, but it would have been better for that purpose if there was power more convenient to the location. The desk with the coffee maker had outlets, but little surface area - compared to a PV with it's super generous dressing table and credenza.

We only sat in the living area furniture occasionally while waiting for each other to be ready to go out, and never used the TV in that room. The walk-in closet was great, as were all the drawers, but the PV we just stayed in had more drawers than we had things for - and we were on a 12 day cruise.

The space around the bed didn't feel as open or generous as the PV we just stayed in, and so I don't know that we felt any special value to that area.

The bathroom is fantastic, especially the window out onto the deck from the shower.

Wrap around deck is very nice, but only if you're on a tropical itinerary. I wouldn't see myself lounging on the sunbeds sailing around Iceland, for example. Aft views are lovely.

Given the price difference, I'd rather cruise twice as often and stay in the PV class of cabin, which we found to be excellent.

• Like 1