Charters

Signallwr78

You check in on the day of departure they do not let you check in luggage the night before. You will not see the luggage till they arrive at the cabin. Once you arrive into Barbados you go straight off the aircraft and onto coaches no passing through the airport. Return flights you will be given all luggage tags boarding passes a couple of days before you are due to leave. On the last night you put out luggage and will not see it till you get back to the UK.

You can leave and return to the ship till they make an announcement informing you the coaches are in place to take you back to the airport and when you arrive at Barbados airport the only thing you have to do is go through security. 

We upgraded to PE when we were on Arvia this year. We enjoyed the service and the extra legroom but if we had been asked to pay almost £1000 for the 2 of us we would have definitely been in economy. It’s good, but not that good.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We upgraded to PE when we were on Arvia this year. We enjoyed the service and the extra legroom but if we had been asked to pay almost £1000 for the 2 of us we would have definitely been in economy. It’s good, but not that good.  

I believe it was £399 each last season ended in April if I recall correctly? I also forgot to mention to Signaller that there's also a seat reservations fee of if I recall correctly around another £78pp return. It can be tricky to get seats together without that fee.

12 hours ago, Signallwr78 said:

Thanks both  so am I right in thinking that the only people on the plane are on the cruise.  I wanted to upgrade to premium but that wasn't an option when I booked. Is that possible to do? 

Possibly. We flew out from Manchester a few years back on a Virgin Atlantic plane, part of the plane was P&O cruise passengers the rest of the plane was not.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:36 PM, Megabear2 said:

I believe it was £399 each last season ended in April if I recall correctly? I also forgot to mention to Signaller that there's also a seat reservations fee of if I recall correctly around another £78pp return. It can be tricky to get seats together without that fee.

well they don’t tell you it’s an extra £300 for family of 4 to reserve seats. I don’t mind not sitting with hubby but the kids are too young to sit away from me. 
I even asked them on the phone about how all the seats were reserved and things and she just said I had to log on when they were released. I wish companies would just be upfront. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

well they don’t tell you it’s an extra £300 for family of 4 to reserve seats. I don’t mind not sitting with hubby but the kids are too young to sit away from me. 
I even asked them on the phone about how all the seats were reserved and things and she just said I had to log on when they were released. I wish companies would just be upfront. 

Families they do tend to keep together. Especially if children are under 18 they can not be separated from an adult. So if you chose not to reserve seats they will sit the children next to you or the husband or end up lucky and be sat altogether.

Edited by carlanthony24

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

You need to check out the regulations re children on plane journeys, I understand that at least one parent has to be seated with them, so that might save you some money

• Like 2

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You need to check out the regulations re children on plane journeys, I understand that at least one parent has to be seated with them, so that might save you some money

that’s what I was thinking but I think they can also be behind or infront of you etc. will have to see when we can get onto the seat allocatation bit but we aren’t 14 weeks away yet. 

another question though as this thread made me look see if we have the times for the flights yet and we do. Yay. It’s with tui. Never flown with them before. Anyway the flight home is 6.20pm from Barbados. 
so do we get kicked out of the cabin at 8am like usual (I think it was 8am last time) and what time is it likely that we have to go from the ship on the bus to the plane. 

never done a cruise like this before. Always been from Southampton 

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

that’s what I was thinking but I think they can also be behind or infront of you etc. will have to see when we can get onto the seat allocatation bit but we aren’t 14 weeks away yet. 

another question though as this thread made me look see if we have the times for the flights yet and we do. Yay. It’s with tui. Never flown with them before. Anyway the flight home is 6.20pm from Barbados. 
so do we get kicked out of the cabin at 8am like usual (I think it was 8am last time) and what time is it likely that we have to go from the ship on the bus to the plane. 

Disembarkation day is similar to Southampton, in that you leave your main luggage outside the cabin the night before and the next time you see it is on the carousel at your home airport. You will need to vacate your cabin at 8:00am, but you can pay for a day cabin if you want. 

You will be advised of where you can safely leave your hand luggage, and you can go ashore and return for lunch if you want, you also have use of all the ships facilities until your coach to the airport about 2-3 hours before your flight, and any known flight delays will be factored into this.

47 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Disembarkation day is similar to Southampton, in that you leave your main luggage outside the cabin the night before and the next time you see it is on the carousel at your home airport. You will need to vacate your cabin at 8:00am, but you can pay for a day cabin if you want. 

You will be advised of where you can safely leave your hand luggage, and you can go ashore and return for lunch if you want, you also have use of all the ships facilities until your coach to the airport about 2-3 hours before your flight, and any known flight delays will be factored into this.

How do I find the price of a day cabin 

13 hours ago, July morning said:

It's usually in the Horizon news letter a few days before disembarking and a choice of cabin styles Balcony/inside

Ah so it’s not something to pre book then. 

think I might stick to Southampton as this all seems complicated 😂 and I have to stick to luggage weight

On 8/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, Vampiress88 said:

HI all I am very interested in some of you having flight details because I have none. Which day are you flying out and where from and what flight details do any of you have please. I am going out Friday DEC 22nd from Manchester. Is anyone else on this flight and do they have any details?

kev

13 hours ago, kevboy said:

HI all I am very interested in some of you having flight details because I have none. Which day are you flying out and where from and what flight details do any of you have please. I am going out Friday DEC 22nd from Manchester. Is anyone else on this flight and do they have any details?

kev

Mines in feb ‘24 from Manchester. It’s just shows the flight times, flight number and terminal. I wanted it for a quote on car parking at airport.
It was on there when I logged in but you can’t choose the seats yet. Have you looked for it when you log in?