Second pax change TBD to actual name?

LB_NJ

On 8/15/2023 at 7:54 PM, LB_NJ said:

Is there any advantage /disadvantage to changing the second PAX from TBD to the actual name prior to check-in?

I'm not sure you could check in with a name of TBD, I know they want the passengers name to match their passports.

My question is why wouldnt you want the correct name of that passenger on the booking?

11 minutes ago, Joker54 said:

I'm not sure you could check in with a name of TBD, I know they want the passengers name to match their passports.

My question is why wouldnt you want the correct name of that passenger on the booking?

At check in the name does have to go in. 

Just thinking if I want to change the second passenger because something comes up is it easier to leave it as TBD for now.

34 minutes ago, Joker54 said:

At most terminals they have a check in person with a tablet, if no issues you move on to the boarding, if there's issues such as TBD, they'll send you to the terminal check in desk to resolve the issue

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t think you can leave it until boarding day.   The cruise line have to submit its passenger manifest to government authorities in advance.

I swapped out Ms. Nuts who had a work emergency for a buddy at the check in terminal last year so barring an updated change, they can do it.  Every cruise has no shows and occasional additions with someone replacing someone.  At 72 hours, you can no longer do anything with your booking over the phone with X, any changes have to wait until terminal check in

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I swapped out Ms. Nuts who had a work emergency for a buddy at the check in terminal last year so barring an updated change, they can do it.  Every cruise has no shows and occasional additions with someone replacing someone.  At 72 hours, you can no longer do anything with your booking over the phone with X, any changes have to wait until terminal check in

Which port?  I suspect whether this is possible may vary based on when the authorities require cruise lines to turn over the official manifest.

38 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Which port?  I suspect whether this is possible may vary based on when the authorities require cruise lines to turn over the official manifest.

FLL.  As stated, their official manifest usually gets amended every sailing as they can’t report the accurate number until just before sailing 

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

FLL.  As stated, their official manifest usually gets amended every sailing as they can’t report the accurate number until just before sailing 

Dropping people off a manifest has got to be a lot easier than adding them as I understand all names often get run through a number of databases to look for warrants, issues with documentation, etc.

Years ago, you used to be able to book a cruise almost all the way up until sailing.  Then something changed that I thought was related to immigration requirements with the manifest and they now close bookings about 3 days before sailing.

I don't doubt your experience last year but personally, I wouldn't be confident it would be allowed every time at every port.

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

Dropping people off a manifest has got to be a lot easier than adding them as I understand all names often get run through a number of databases to look for warrants, issues with documentation, etc.

Years ago, you used to be able to book a cruise almost all the way up until sailing.  Then something changed that I thought was related to immigration requirements with the manifest and they now close bookings about 3 days before sailing.

I don't doubt your experience last year but personally, I wouldn't be confident it would be allowed every time at every port.

Very fair and as I did mention, "unless things changed" but even then, it could be allowed but the day board is the same day they changed that rule.  So it would seem best that the OP add the person now and remove later if they don't go