Dr. Seuss breakfast?

davy jones

We are considering taking 2 year old to the Dr. Seuss breakfast.  I am interested in hearing about experiences with this event in terms of food quality, entertainment value, child interaction and anything else.  Is it worth the time and $ investment?

The food is... not great. The cereal-crusted french toast isn't bad. The green eggs and ham is kinda gross though. Food is subjective though - you may like it. The entertainment isn't anything special. They will have a handful of crew members dressed up. I think I remember them doing a little dance as music played over the speakers. 

If your 2-year-old likes costumed characters, they will probably enjoy it. They do come around to the tables some. Is it still $5 a person, or have they upped the price in the past couple years? That's what it was when we did it with our kids - and that seemed about right. I don't know if I'd pay more then $5 though.

• Like 1

We took our Grand kids age 8 & 6 in June on the Venezia. They had plenty of characters dressed up (thing 1 & 2, sam i am & Cat in Hat ) they were in an area were they called tables and YOU could take pictures of your kids. The food was not that bad and there was some regular food choices but was geared to kids. I forget what we paid but was worth the experience with the kids. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We did it this pas March with a 5 and 7 year old. They loved it. It cost $10 per adult and $8 per kid. To us, it was worth it for the little extra just to be able to take the individual pictures and the experience. The food itself wasn't anything special. It was themed for Cat in the hat, but do have regular options as well. I had the fruit loops French toast ( I liked the regular French toast at brunch better). 

We're going on a cruise in February and we are doing it again for the girls. I think it is good to do one or two times, but after that not again. 

• Like 1

As an older adult who went with an adult friend...  the theming was cute.  We enjoyed it and had our photo taken with the cat and the things (I think).   The food is really gross. 🤣  I mean- it sounds great and it looks really fun.  If I was 10 I probably would have loved the food.  And don't get me wrong, I ate PLENTY of the food.  But it is sickly sweet and there isn't really anything on the menu that doesn't land in your stomach with a big THUMP.

The characters paraded around and kids got books signed.  If  I had young kids again, I would take them. But I wouldn't take a 2 year old, to be honest.  There is a bunch of chaos and tons of sweets and colors and music and movement and it is just a lot for a 2 year old unless they are super into the Cat in the Hat.   All of my kids would have handled it okay at 2- despite the noise and chaos, but wouldn't have gotten anything in particular out of it other than a tummy ache and needing a bath afterwards.   We shared a table with a woman who had a boy about 4 who really enjoyed it, and a little girl about 2, who wore her pancakes on her head, had frosting up her nose, and looked pretty confused or blase most of the time.    

• Like 2

Went with my husband (both mid 40's at the time) and we loved it.  Food was good, decorations were excellent and the characters were as well.  Already booked it again for my next cruise. Relatively cheap for an extra dining option.

We enjoy it, but as a family we like character breakfasts in general. We are Disney people and do them often there. This is a similar experience. The food is fine. It's pretty similar to Sea Day Brunch with some additional themed items thrown in. We've done it twice in the past and are doing it again in October.

• Like 1