Platinum WiFi (not doing Plus or Premier) can I purchase first day onboard to use OBC and still get discounted price?

JeffM1

Hi all -

We are platinum and we are not doing either the Plus or Premier packages.  Normally we would purchase the wi-fi 4 device package pre cruise through the app and get our 50% discount.  However this one trip I happen to have a large amount of OBC.  If I wait until I am aboard and purchase the wi-fi package so I can use my OBC, I know I will still get my platinum 50% discount but my question is if I purchase wi-fi as soon as I get on board will it be the same price as if I prepaid it through the app or do they charge you a higher price once you are onboard, even on the first day?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

3 minutes ago, JeffM1 said:

Hi all -

We are platinum and we are not doing either the Plus or Premier packages.  Normally we would purchase the wi-fi 4 device package pre cruise through the app and get our 50% discount.  However this one trip I happen to have a large amount of OBC.  If I wait until I am aboard and purchase the wi-fi package so I can use my OBC, I know I will still get my platinum 50% discount but my question is if I purchase wi-fi as soon as I get on board will it be the same price as if I prepaid it through the app or do they charge you a higher price once you are onboard, even on the first day?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Yes, you can buy it at the same price and your 50% off on day 1.

Only thing to watch for, possible increase in prices.  That we do not know.  Heck, we don’t know anything anymore! 😆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, you can buy it at the same price and your 50% off on day 1.

Only thing to watch for, possible increase in prices.  That we do not know.  Heck, we don’t know anything anymore! 😆

LOL, LOL, so true!!!  Thanks for the info!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Be sure and bring *some* type of documentation *proving* your status level...just in case!

That should not be necessary at all.  The ship record for the guest will have that information and the Medallion should be the correct color.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That should not be necessary at all.  The ship record for the guest will have that information and the Medallion should be the correct color.

I totally agree that it *shouldn't* be necessary...but we've all seen the reports from people about how various "benefits" and such disappear...so having this "minor" piece of proof is certainly not going to be cumbersome.  A simple screenshot on your phone showing your Captain's Circle level just *might* solve some unforeseen issue.  You never know!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I totally agree that it *shouldn't* be necessary...but we've all seen the reports from people about how various "benefits" and such disappear...so having this "minor" piece of proof is certainly not going to be cumbersome.  A simple screenshot on your phone showing your Captain's Circle level just *might* solve some unforeseen issue.  You never know!

You have to be proactive, IMO.

Just a simple copy….

of your Travel Summary can cover a lot of issues, that guests are reporting.

Also, shows your loyalty status.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Agreed...as long as the system properly recognizes your status level.  Hence my post above about "proof".

Prior to sailing, you’d want to make sure the App shows the correct loyalty level for you, if using it on the ship to buy medallionNet.  We know that’s an issue sometimes too.

Edited by PacnGoNow