New to celebrity

joeyjeremiah

I just booked DH and I on a 5 day out of Miami on the Summit in November. This will be our first celebrity cruise and first post COVID cruise. We have previously cruised MSC, HAL, and Princess. Looking forward to it. Anybody have advice to a new celebrity cruiser? Any must try menu items or restaurants (we don’t eat fish or seafood)? Any hidden gems or embarkation day tips to take advantage of?

1) join your sailings Roll Call here on CC;

2) dl the app to see the 'potential menus' on your sailing;

3) after dropping carry on luggage in your cabin, go to Sunset Bar for sail away; and,

4) prepare to have a wonderful time of it all...

I Am sure that others will chime in here and provide great input, too...

Welcome and bon voyage

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Any hidden gems or embarkation day tips to take advantage of?

" embarkation day tips "-----Just arrive on time otherwise you will have a chance to take a great picture of the ship leaving the dock ( LOL ).

" hidden gems "----- nothing is hidden , but, if it is , you won't find it on your first cruise  ( LOL ).

Seriously, I'm sure you will enjoy the ambiance, food , service , etc. as we have after many years on Celebrity. 

Next time, if it works for you, try a longer cruise -- 

( No, I don't work for Celebrity )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

I just booked DH and I on a 5 day out of Miami on the Summit in November. This will be our first celebrity cruise and first post COVID cruise. We have previously cruised MSC, HAL, and Princess. Looking forward to it. Anybody have advice to a new celebrity cruiser? Any must try menu items or restaurants (we don’t eat fish or seafood)? Any hidden gems or embarkation day tips to take advantage of?

Your Celebrity cruise will actually be similar to the three lines you mentioned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

" embarkation day tips "-----Just arrive on time otherwise you will have a chance to take a great picture of the ship leaving the dock ( LOL ).

" hidden gems "----- nothing is hidden , but, if it is , you won't find it on your first cruise  ( LOL ).

Seriously, I'm sure you will enjoy the ambiance, food , service , etc. as we have after many years on Celebrity. 

Next time, if it works for you, try a longer cruise -- 

( No, I don't work for Celebrity )

Next time we most likely will do a longer cruise. I’m not typically a fan of shorter cruises but I already have a 20 day cruise booked in dec/Jan on Princess. 

I had 5 vacation days left for this year so was going to do an AI in Mexico or Cuba but decided to try the 5 day cruise instead since it works with my vacation time being half a day drive to the airport and wanting to fly in a day early. So this 5 day cruise work perfect drive Saturday, fly Sunday , cruise Monday-Saturday, drive Sunday back to work Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Ill be on board Nov 13.  Is that your sailing?  If yes please join the roll call I created.  So far its pretty quiet there.  

Its my my first since Covid as well.  My 28th over all and 4Th on Celebrity.   

• Thanks 1