South Africa Itinerary changes and Port Elizabeth Azamazing Evening

Werangels

Azamara have changed the itineraries for the South Africa cruises for this season.  Maputo and East London have been removed on the cruises which featured these ports and dates have been rejigged for the remaining ports.  For instance, on the 21st December, we now have Richard’s Bay for a day and a half but it’s Xmas Day and the 26th which is not ideal - actually it’s appalling.  So, we’ve lost a port day completely in this itinerary and left the key Kwa-Zulu port, Richard’s Bay possibly useless as it is Xmas Day.  The email states it is down to feedback.  I do understand feedback is likely to have been negative particularly as Maputo was only until 3pm anyway which hardly allows for independent exploration and East London isn’t a great port and had been changed to Kynsna for some dates.

They have announced these changes at the same time as balance payments for many which leaves a nasty taste in the mouth quite frankly.

On top of this, the Azamazing evening is no longer the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra on New Year’s Day which we thought was very special and is now in Port Elizabeth.  I think Port Elizabeth may have hosted this previously and I wondered if anyone can remember what it was or indeed attended one please?  

Port fees for ports no longer being visited - will we be refunded for these?  Anna Nicole raised this on the roll call, thanks. 

• Like 1

I don't think we will ever know the real reason for the changes.  If it was, as they assert, due to "customer feedback" I am fairly certain that said "feedback" would have been gathered months and months ago, at the end of the Journey's late 2022-early 2023 season and changes would have been made then.

As for port charges, we don't expect much if any.  It really would only be for one port, since they will have to pay for the 2nd day in Richard's Bay.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Thanks 1

If they aren't paying the port charges, why wouldn't they refund them?   

I received a $50pp shipboard credit on a previous cruise for a missed port.   I don't remember which cruise line it was, but I think it was Celebrity.

EDIT:  I sent an email to Azamara asking about refund of port charges.   I will update if/when I hear back from them.

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 2

My reservation is showing CANCELLED this morning.   Weird.  It is paid in full.   Azamara's reservation invoice showed it as paid in full previously. 

EDIT: Now showing as booked.  ???

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 1