Premier Package Billing For SD Restaurants Issue

lx200gps

We have the Premier Package for an upcoming trip next February, and as we know the Premier Package confers 2 Specialty Dining meals per passenger. Accessing the Web version of the "app" I made our first booking, at the CG, and was presented with a confirmation at the bottom of the page saying "You have a dining credit" etc. with a charge of $0. I then proceeded to book Sabatini's for a few nights later and failed to notice that the message did not appear when I confirmed. Sure enough I just checked and our CC was charged for the meal.  It's not a major issue as we tend to eat in the SD restaurants most of the time anyway and would be paying for other meals from our OBC in any case, but has anyone any ideas as to what I did wrong and how to avoid it in the future when I make future SD bookings with this package. Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, killaypirate said:

You’re lucky I can’t get the dining credit showing at all. Perhaps by booking for 2 people you used both of your 2 included SD meals. Does your partner still have 2 remaining SD credits?

Valid question. As we understand the math, we each have two SD dinners, so a total of "4 person-dinners"  I booked both under my account, which is the only one we ever use, so I would think that after booking the first dinner, MY account should still have 2 person-dinners, one each, remaining. Apparently the Princess "system" doesn't think so. I hadn't thought of looking at her account, I'll check and see.  Shouldn't have to though, it should all work through mine.

• Like 1

I am travelling with a bunch of people, all of whom have the premier package.  I booked CG for 8 (including some of my companions) and it di the same thing as you described and applied their credits,  Therfore no charge.  

When i booked Sabatinis for 6 people ( 2 from one cabin, 1 from another cabin and 3 from another cabin, includig an infant), it chrged me for 3.  I called CS and they could not explain why OR FOR WHO I WAS CHARGED!!!  All they said was that i could get a refund on board.  They also said - not sure i believe it - that i should not have been able to make reservations until 12 days before my sail date if i wanted to use my "included" SR reservations.  I could only book/pay and then get refund on board!  

31 minutes ago, blueexpedition29 said:

I am travelling with a bunch of people, all of whom have the premier package.  I booked CG for 8 (including some of my companions) and it di the same thing as you described and applied their credits,  Therfore no charge.  

When i booked Sabatinis for 6 people ( 2 from one cabin, 1 from another cabin and 3 from another cabin, includig an infant), it chrged me for 3.  I called CS and they could not explain why OR FOR WHO I WAS CHARGED!!!  All they said was that i could get a refund on board.  They also said - not sure i believe it - that i should not have been able to make reservations until 12 days before my sail date if i wanted to use my "included" SR reservations.  I could only book/pay and then get refund on board!  

Must have been yet another new Princess CSR reading from a script ;o). Our trip is in early October and I've been able to book these "free" SD meals for weeks, though I never committed and clicked OK until today.  We'll be heading to Guest Services as soon as we board to straighten it out, and something tells me they will have heard this before.

1 hour ago, snow bunny said:

I had similar issues and just backed out of the app.  Then I reopened it and was able to book the second SD for free.

snow bunny

Interesting, thanks. I'll remember t do that next for our next trip. I guess  that means that, unlike me, you were smart enough not to have booked the second restaurant so did not get charged on your credit card? I booked them at the same login so I got charged for the second one before I could log out.

11 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Interesting, thanks. I'll remember t do that next for our next trip. I guess  that means that, unlike me, you were smart enough not to have booked the second restaurant so did not get charged on your credit card? I booked them at the same login so I got charged for the second one before I could log out.

Yes, I thought it was odd that they wanted money for something was should have been free.

snow bunny

This happened to me too. My first night booked at Crown Grill was "free" but my second booking hit my CD for $78. I used the chat feature on the website and was told this happens often and to go to guest services when I board and they will reverse it. This is nuts. You obviously know this is a glitch. Fix it!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

This happened to me too. My first night booked at Crown Grill was "free" but my second booking hit my CD for $78. I used the chat feature on the website and was told this happens often and to go to guest services when I board and they will reverse it. This is nuts. You obviously know this is a glitch. Fix it!!!

Hopefully when they refund the money it goes back to our CC. I understand that in some cases (not necessarily for a restaurant booking error like this perhaps), they will only refund  with OBC and not to the CC. We'll find out when we board I guess

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Hopefully when they refund the money it goes back to our CC. I understand that in some cases (not necessarily for a restaurant booking error like this perhaps), they will only refund  with OBC and not to the CC. We'll find out when we board I guess

I was told by chat person that it would go back to my CC. We shall see.

• Haha 1

Same here and if you look back several threads with the same issue - Princess are charging cc's for specialty dining reservations that are included in the Premier Package . Our APP says we have dining credits but each time I cancel due to the cc charge and rebook its charged again .

We have decided to keep our reservations as we want the times - join the long line at Guest Relations to voice our anger at Princess and tell them the interest free loan we have given them for taking our monies and holding this for months and then offering an onboard credit in lieu of is criminal . Do they realise how this is crazy !.

2 hours ago, hammo said:

Same here and if you look back several threads with the same issue - Princess are charging cc's for specialty dining reservations that are included in the Premier Package . Our APP says we have dining credits but each time I cancel due to the cc charge and rebook its charged again .

We have decided to keep our reservations as we want the times - join the long line at Guest Relations to voice our anger at Princess and tell them the interest free loan we have given them for taking our monies and holding this for months and then offering an onboard credit in lieu of is criminal . Do they realise how this is crazy !.

Point taken. I would only ask that when you do go to Guest Services to have the charges reversed, as we will also be doing, please keep in mind that the kids behind the counter down there are not the ones responsible for this amateurish bug in the software, so please go a bit easy on them. You can be quire sure they will have heard of this issue many times before, but they are powerless to fix it.  That specific responsibility lies elsewhere.

• Like 5

I'm new to Princess. Our cruise is in Feb with Premier Package. I tried to make SD reservations on the app and they wanted to charge my CC. I tried through the website today and was able to book both SD without charging CC. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2023 at 6:17 PM, snow bunny said:

I had similar issues and just backed out of the app.  Then I reopened it and was able to book the second SD for free.

snow bunny

Me, too. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and then it worked fine, with $0.00 charged for the meal reservation. 

7 hours ago, amypete said:

Me, too. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and then it worked fine, with $0.00 charged for the meal reservation. 

Tried that again and no success AGAIN . Cancelled reservations  ( I expect I will receive the refund again ) Uninstalled the app , started aqain , renistalled , made the rservations again and again charged to my CC . The Premier deal sound good but Im not going to do this again . Ill front up to Guest Relations and join the queue , have a whinge , and never do this again .

For this very reason, I keep the credit card I provided for the "Shipboard Payment Method" locked.  

If there is something pre-cruise I acknowledge needs to be charged, I unlock the card before making the purchase. Otherwise, the charges will be rejected by the credit card issuer.

I, too, attempted to make a specialty dining reservation using dining credits.  Princess attempted to charge my credit card.  The charge was rejected.  Will call the Dine Line to make the booking.

I will unlock the card about a week before the cruise for the customary pre-cruise daily hold for miscellaneous expenses.

BTW.  It's a card I rarely use.  Will switch cards closer to the cruise if I decide to

B

Edited by bellebaby
Clarity

Surely Princess or a host read about this or at least have had it brought to their attention . Seems incomprehensible that they offer the Premium benefits ( that you pay extra for ) and then charge you the full amount when you make a reservation . I bet there are some who just assume they have not been charged and havnt looked at their CC statement - Maybe Im cynical enough to believe Princess wont be too concerned if cruisers just accept the double dip as they cant be bothered or unaware . Seems they dont intend fixing it and happy for Guest Relations onboard to deal with it .  Ill be bringing my CC statement to embarkation along with many others I assume . Fun way to start a cruise .

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:10 PM, lx200gps said:

Valid question. As we understand the math, we each have two SD dinners, so a total of "4 person-dinners"  I booked both under my account, which is the only one we ever use, so I would think that after booking the first dinner, MY account should still have 2 person-dinners, one each, remaining. Apparently the Princess "system" doesn't think so. I hadn't thought of looking at her account, I'll check and see.  Shouldn't have to though, it should all work through mine.

Was finally able to book our speciality dining for this weekend.  Just have to wait & see if it all worked correctly!

Edited by killaypirate