Cunard Loyalty Benefit - WiFi on Multiple Leg Voyage

Classiccruiser777

@rmsEtruria There are steps up and then you have to step down into the deep tub. The tub is deeper than a Q5. There is a handle bar to grab hold of. On a side-note, I wanted to use the hand-held shower, and did, and ended up with water all the way to the toilet due to the rounded curve of the tub which funneled the water onto the floor. I didn’t use it after that. There is a really nice walk in shower with multiple jets.

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

1 hour ago, techteach said:

@rmsEtruria There are steps up and then you have to step down into the deep tub. The tub is deeper than a Q5. There is a handle bar to grab hold of. On a side-note, I wanted to use the hand-held shower, and did, and ended up with water all the way to the toilet due to the rounded curve of the tub which funneled the water onto the floor. I didn’t use it after that. There is a really nice walk in shower with multiple jets.

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

Many thanks, TechTeach! The walk-in shower would be all I want, but DW dearly loves a tub. The steps up to the tub seem to be in all QG rooms, and look rather daunting; I should hope it’s possible to simply climb over the side of the tub without using them . . .

• Like 1

@rmsEtruria In Q5 there is only a tub with shower. You step into it, but there aren’t stairs. I have to hold onto the counter, which abuts the tub, when I exit the tub. It isn’t as difficult in and out as the Q4. If you look closely at the Q4 picture above you can see the lip of the shower is inches away from the bottom step. This is also just an issue I have with balance and height stemming from Jr. High P.E. and the balance beam. 😉

14 hours ago, techteach said:

@rmsEtruria In Q5 there is only a tub with shower. You step into it, but there aren’t stairs. I have to hold onto the counter, which abuts the tub, when I exit the tub. It isn’t as difficult in and out as the Q4. If you look closely at the Q4 picture above you can see the lip of the shower is inches away from the bottom step. This is also just an issue I have with balance and height stemming from Jr. High P.E. and the balance beam. 😉

Thanks again, TechTeach! Balance is not an issue for DW, although a bit for me—always awkward on my feet, and wary of steps without handrails (and of heights). I try not to remember high school P.E. Well, if bookings for summer 2025 do indeed become available in September, I’ll have to make up my mind soon about Q4 or 5/6.

On 8/24/2023 at 3:55 AM, techteach said:

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

What is in the triangular bit to the left of the bath? The whole thing looks quite an awkward arrangement.

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

What is in the triangular bit to the left of the bath? The whole thing looks quite an awkward arrangement.

Wow! It's just an optical illusion, but I see why you're asking. Those are two different pictures, taken at different angles, and that "triangular bit" is just the side of the tub in the upper photo.

• Thanks 1

@TouchstoneFeste I remember we were literally walking out the door and I grabbed my camera and turned on the video with DH saying, “Why are you doing that? Is this for your cruise thing?” My reply was, “people always want to know about the bathrooms and the closets.” Which, the closet in Q4 doesn’t have as much hanging space as a Q5.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Wow! It's just an optical illusion, but I see why you're asking. Those are two different pictures, taken at different angles, and that "triangular bit" is just the side of the tub in the upper photo.

Sorry stupid me. I didn’t realise it was two photos. Thank you.

@rmsEtruria The Q4 has better shelving and drawers. The Q5 has more hanging. We also do not travel light. Our hanging in Q4 was reduced because our Tumi luggage doesn’t fit beneath the bed. I stack it in the corner of the hanging section of the closet which eliminates probably 14 to 16 inches of hanging space. I loved the additional open shelves and we didn’t even begin to use all of the drawers. I’ll check my video and post if appropriate.

IMG_0042.png

IMG_0041.png

Edited by techteach
Adding photos