Sunshine teen club. Anyone have a teen with an opinion? Pictures?

Hello!

We will be on the Sunshine in October with our 16 y.o daughter.  She is always interested in the teen club, but they have been either vacant or on their own with no staff-led activities.  She needs a staff person for the structure.  She isn't going to just go in and strike up a conversation with a stranger, even one her age.  "Y'all have fun now," while a staff member reads their book leads most teens to leave, mine included.

We've tried a few lines, and the teen club always seems to lack structure, which makes them empty (And I quote, "boring").

It's like every line gave up on their teen clubs after Covid.

What have been your teens' experiences on the Carnivale Sunshine?  Pictures?

Thank you!!

Our son went to the teen club on a few cruises and honestly, it seems like they all are that way. The teens meet up on the first night, tend to find people they click with and then do various things. Our son would go the first night, which is highly recommended, and then I'm not sure what activities they do that first night. But, he would end up taking to some people and finding a few that he seemed to get along with. They would often meet up at the club then, sometimes doing activities that were planned, or just hanging out doing their own thing.

And yeah, no photos of it, most teens wouldn't share or post those here I would think.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand the need for structure as I would have struggled just striking up a conversation with a stranger as a teen too. Heck, I still do. 🙂

Really the best advice is to make sure she goes to the meet and greet on the first night. A staff member will be there to help facilitate that and that is where she has the best chance of meeting people she clicks with and can hang out with for the rest of the cruise. My son did the teen club for the first time last year and we made sure he did this. While there weren't always scheduled activities or a ton of people using the club itself, he did go to several things on the schedule like the dance parties. He did seem to have a good time.

This isn't really a "since covid" thing. It's just how the teen clubs have always operated. Most teens don't care for constantly scheduled activities and would rather just hang out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1