How Long To Board In Ft. Lauderdale?

IndyKid

Our upcoming trip on December 10th aboard the Caribbean Princess leaves from the Port Everglades terminal in Ft. Lauderdale. The last time we cruised from here it was in 2016 aboard the RCCL Allure Of The Seas and I remember what a long, drawn out affair it was.- talk about a zoo!

I've got all our Ocean-Ready steps complete, we're both in the Green Lane and we'll have our medallions with us when we arrive. How fast and seamless will it be to get aboard? I believe the ship sails at 3 PM, what is the earliest time we can get aboard? 

5 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Our upcoming trip on December 10th aboard the Caribbean Princess leaves from the Port Everglades terminal in Ft. Lauderdale. The last time we cruised from here it was in 2016 aboard the RCCL Allure Of The Seas and I remember what a long, drawn out affair it was.- talk about a zoo!

I've got all our Ocean-Ready steps complete, we're both in the Green Lane and we'll have our medallions with us when we arrive. How fast and seamless will it be to get aboard? I believe the ship sails at 3 PM, what is the earliest time we can get aboard? 

Princess does a great job here. We get there about 1030 and are OB by 11-1115, we’re Elite.

It goes very smoothly. Only thing you don’t know, if there are any delays clearing the ship, but rarely.

There are no longer assigned boarding times, so the line outside may be longer, as reported recently.

Once you’re inside, it should move quickly.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IndyKid said:

As PacnGoNow reported above, your boarding experience will be vastly different than the boarding of the giant Allure of the Seas!  The only wait time we have experienced is when the ship has just returned from a TA and there is Customs work for all the ship's crew, or there are Coast Guard testing or drills.  Basically, if you are there before 11:30 you will be on board before noon.

• Thanks 1