Photography back drop question

Anyislandwilldo

Going on a Mediterranean cruise next year to Italy and Greece.  Looking to see your pictures with some of the back drops on Carnival ships so I can get an idea of what kind of dress to wear.  Is there a back drop with the Italian flag??  We will be on the Legend.  Thanks all!!

I can't say abt Mediterranean cruise on Carnival but the Pride last year doing Portugal, Spain, France had no special backdrops that were tied to the cities that I recall.  Just typical cruise backdrops.  

• Like 1

I have been on multiple cruises everywhere, and I take lots of photos, and NEVER have I seen a backdrop for a formal photo with any type of flag. (Sometimes there might be a flag on the casual port arrival photos you take quickly when getting off the ship for an excursion.)

Usually the formal photo backdrops will be colors with designs, or a beach scene, a sunset, a chandelier, steps, a garden, paving stones, etc., etc., all very neutral!  We always used to like the background of the Titanic central staircase, but we do not see that one much anymore.

I will say some of my favorite backgrounds are those that are "live" on the ship--the bottom of the staircase, the balcony at the top of the staircase, the central area next to a vase of flowers, etc.

So I like to choose my outfits to match my destination (and sometimes the cruise might have a theme night).  I will wear heavier, darker clothes in colder climates, and brighter, lighter clothes in warmer climates.  I am a person who loves sparkles and sequins, so usually one of my dresses looks like that as well.  We do not like some of the poses (I tell my husband no more hand in pocket!), but we try to take as many photos as possible with different backdrops, so we can choose our favorites at the end.

Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

I only saw this once when I was on the NCL Hawaii cruise.  They had us surfing in the ocean, and then riding a turtle in the ocean, which we did not see at all until the final product, so we were not completely sure why they had us standing certain ways.  However, the photos were very fun!