Private Tour Recommendations for Lisbon

If you're active we did the Urban Adventures walking tour of Lisbon - It was an excellent experience, and as with all Urban Adventures tours it was a gastronic delight, but while looking for a link it looks like they no longer seem to do Lisbon tours - Anyway I blogged about it HERE - Looking on the web there seem to be many tours that seem to offer pretty much the same as we had example EatingEurope

The other fun tour we did was an e-Bike tour - effortless cycling around Lisbon and then out to Belem and return - I also blogged about that - HERE

Neither blog posts are my best, but they may inspire.

Edited by rakkor

Thank you for the speedy reply.  I have spent the last few days surfing Tour companies.  I was hoping more for a recommendation on a particular guide.

I will check out your blog for sure.  No judging, I promise.  Thank you very much!

-Andy

On 8/22/2023 at 7:10 PM, signguyandy said:

In for just a day, so we dont want to spend a big chunk of time driving. 

how about no driving at all? Lisbon is par excellence the city to just wander off the ship and start walking, then take a tram or a cab or a local train.  we ve been there a few times because departing from the UK Lisbon is often a port stop, and its one of my favourites, I will never be bored in Lisbon. I had my 70th birthday there, we went to the modern art museum then ate lunch on a restaurant terrace , outdoors in the sun (it was January) . make sure you taste some port (well, unless you have Porto as a port call also), and buy some of those unusual decorated Portuguese sardine tins as souvenirs. 

also note that the only time we did a ships tour, we spent most of the time in the bus stuck in traffic, Lisbon is busy and the Portuguese driving style takes a little getting used to (I m being tactful). 

It's not a private tour guide, but I think they have private tours. I'd recommend the company, "We Hate Tourism Tours". I took the Sintra/Cascais tour as I was staying in Lisbon, and it was great, small group and interesting places. I'm sure the Lisbon tours will be just as good. I see on their site they have a tour just for cruise ship passengers called "Pirates of the Cruise Ships/Lisbon"

https://www.wehatetourismtours.com/

I also recommend this private transportation/tour guide. I used her as private airport transportation and I see she has her own tour guide service.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g189158-d8480353-Reviews-Taxi_Lx_Mar-Lisbon_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html

Edited by genealogyfan

We were a party of 5 and had a wonderful all-day private tour with Lisbon Riders. It was a little more for the private tour but we enjoyed being able to control what we saw and did. They also picked us up and dropped us off at my friends hotel.  We paid 270 euros - plus we gave a good tip. 

We went to Pena Palace, Cabo da Roca, Sintra (where we had delicious local bafinas) and picked up local pastries, and had a few other stops. Our guide was great and we were all tired at the end of the tour. 

https://lisbonriders.com

Enjoy your trip! 

C0D2DEA7-0455-4DB5-B3DD-C2E38318B62B.jpeg

E08A0921-B015-4784-87D8-F326A042A66C.jpeg

DBEE2DC2-D278-49E0-8E10-D6351A01B731.jpeg

4DFD5B3C-0494-4159-A852-D15720812AC2.jpeg

2DE653CE-FDA3-496E-AB92-4B825B189AB4.jpeg

275B12FA-E9CD-43D6-8789-11458E69C378.jpeg

Edited by erby2283

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 7:10 PM, signguyandy said:

In for just a day, so we dont want to spend a big chunk of time driving. 

you don't say if it will be a first visit to Lisbon or a repeat.

If a first visit, you could simply take a taxi, bus or tram to the Belem area.  There is more than enough to see and do there for a day and the excellent OFFICIAL LISBON TOURIST INFORMATION WEBSITE should be your first point of reference for images and information although there are of course others to be found online.

Should you have spare time after that, take a taxi, bus or tram back to the magnificent  Praco do Comercio, admire that  and from there,you could wander quite happily around  the surrounding streets and squares which should be close to your docking area. (include Rua Augusta)

With only one day and Lisbon being a big city, you cannot expect to see and do everything, and the above suggestion would be a good starting point for some of the highlights. Also, Lisbon has many very steep streets which can test even the fittest, and all of the above can be easily done on flat/level ground so ideal for walking.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 2