First time MSC - Just booked Seascape in 5 days

Donna_In_India

My teen daughter and I are coming off a canceled trip that rocked us. I've been looking for something - anything - to do - and decided a cruise might work. We've been on many, never MSC. There wasn't a lot of choice left for this weekend - and the ports looked good for this cruise. I booked quickly - without doing much research and now am trying to sort through what I've done!

A few questions - we did not book YC.

I just read that you can't wear shorts/jeans in any public space/dining room at night. Please confirm. 

My daughter is a vegetarian. Is she going to be eating pizza all week? 😞

Do I need to fill out any documents before we board?

20 minutes ago, Donna_In_India said:

My teen daughter and I are coming off a canceled trip that rocked us. I've been looking for something - anything - to do - and decided a cruise might work. We've been on many, never MSC. There wasn't a lot of choice left for this weekend - and the ports looked good for this cruise. I booked quickly - without doing much research and now am trying to sort through what I've done!

A few questions - we did not book YC.

I just read that you can't wear shorts/jeans in any public space/dining room at night. Please confirm. 

My daughter is a vegetarian. Is she going to be eating pizza all week? 😞

Do I need to fill out any documents before we board?

You most certainly can wear shorts in public spaces and usually in the dining room as well. On their "elegant" night, they state shorts shouldn't be worn in the MDR, but your mileage may vary on enforcement. There are vegetarian selections on the MDR menus for each meal. Also, plenty of vegetarian options in the buffet.

You will need to log into the website or the app to do your web check-in. There you will enter passport/travel document information, etc. Do you have sole custody of your daughter? If not, you will need written and notarized consent from her other parent(s) to take her out of the country. You mention you have been on cruises before, so I assume you are already familiar with that process if you have traveled with your daughter before.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You most certainly can wear shorts in public spaces and usually in the dining room as well. On their "elegant" night, they state shorts shouldn't be worn in the MDR, but your mileage may vary on enforcement. There are vegetarian selections on the MDR menus for each meal. Also, plenty of vegetarian options in the buffet.

You will need to log into the website or the app to do your web check-in. There you will enter passport/travel document information, etc. Do you have sole custody of your daughter? If not, you will need written and notarized consent from her other parent(s) to take her out of the country. You mention you have been on cruises before, so I assume you are already familiar with that process if you have traveled with your daughter before.

Thank you! I'm slowly putting it all together.