Introducing a new future cruise credit with an increased benefit

Love dubai

Told by Seabourn UK yesterday that they are looking to introduce a new Future Cruise Credit commencing in October.

The price you pay for the new FCC will be increased ( but still fully redeemable against future cruise) but the difference is:

10% off future cruise if booked ONBOARD

5% off future cruise if booked once departed ship. They see this as the way forward to increase onboard bookings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I board Sept 24 and get off on October 8.    I have already booked a cruise with my TA  for August of 2024. My intention is to purchase a future cruise certificate and then re-book once I get home for the 5% discount . 

Assuming this new incentive is in effect:

What I may want to do is somehow cancel the cruise on board and then re-book the cruise on while on board, then transfer the booking to my TA once I get home.

I'll let everyone know if it works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love dubai said:

Told by Seabourn UK yesterday that they are looking to introduce a new Future Cruise Credit commencing in October.

The price you pay for the new FCC will be increased ( but still fully redeemable against future cruise) but the difference is:

10% off future cruise if booked ONBOARD

5% off future cruise if booked once departed ship. They see this as the way forward to increase onboard bookings.

Indeed,

I have seen from the Encore last week that they are marketing and selling heavily.

They have a big appetite to get money in at the moment and that's not a bad thing as competition is strong.

Prices are attractive and not including tours is a good thing.

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JPH814 said:

What I may want to do is somehow cancel the cruise on board and then re-book the cruise on while on board, then transfer the booking to my TA once I get home.

Just make sure that the price of the cruise hasn't increased so much that the FCC will be negated.  Unlikely, but possible.

3 hours ago, JPH814 said:

I board Sept 24 and get off on October 8.    I have already booked a cruise with my TA  for August of 2024. My intention is to purchase a future cruise certificate and then re-book once I get home for the 5% discount . 

Assuming this new incentive is in effect:

I'll let everyone know if it works.

In the UK SB Terms apply a 10% penalty from booking date for cancellation, no matter how long before departure date. % increases nearer to departure

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, caviarforme said:

In the UK SB Terms apply a 10% penalty from booking date for cancellation, no matter how long before departure date. % increases nearer to departure

I did actually think this would work better if have a dollar FCC and book with an American travel agency as booking would be cancellable with no penalty for a period of time

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love dubai said:

I did actually think this would work better if have a dollar FCC and book with an American travel agency as booking would be cancellable with no penalty for a period of time

Years ago when £1 - $2 we used a US TA on SS - but they put a stop to that!  Does SB allow a UK based passenger to book in US$ under US terms with a US TA?

2 minutes ago, caviarforme said:

Years ago when £1 - $2 we used a US TA on SS - but they put a stop to that!  Does SB allow a UK based passenger to book in US$ under US terms with a US TA?

Yes,but in the UK we get back up from ABTA if anything goes wrong with the company or tour operator 

11 minutes ago, caviarforme said:

I book with both UK and US depending on best deal.

Mr Luxury is correct in saying UK has better safeguards but I book using a UK credit and the charge is always to Seabourn not the travel agency. If Seabourn ceased trading and couldn’t provide the cruise, a section 75 claim could be used for a cruise costing less than £30,000.