Terminal Arrival Time?

calvin31

In my ‘super important’ info email about our cruise leaving Sunday they were very specific about choosing a terminal arrival time in the app…..which I am at a loss to find so I have to assume it’s another change that occurred in one department but another department isn’t aware? Or am I missing something?

You don't mention which port you are sailing out of which might make a difference.

I sail mainly from San Francisco & I usually arrive at the terminal around 9:30 am & at around 10 am we are let into the terminal & around 11 am are boarding the ship.

I assume that other ports may be different.

I cruised last year on Carnival from our old cruise terminal in San Francisco & we were outside in 3 different lines for 90 minutes until we were allowed into the terminal with no explanation.

I choose to arrive early as I have never seen any long lines at our new terminal & thus avoid any long lines & I prefer to have my lunch in the MDR when it opens around 12 noon & have a leisurely meal & avoid the crowds of people at the buffet.

Tom

Edited by trbarton

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

You don't mention which port you are sailing out of which might make a difference.

I sail mainly from San Francisco & I usually arrive at the terminal around 9:30 am & at around 10 am we are let into the terminal & around 11 am are boarding the ship.

I assume that other ports may be different.

I cruised last year on Carnival from our old cruise terminal in San Francisco & we were outside in 3 different lines for 90 minutes until we were allowed into the terminal with no explanation.

I choose to arrive early as I have never seen any long lines at our new terminal.

Tom

We are leaving from Seattle and likely arriving around Noon (long drive from home) but that’s all good…it’s the inconsistency of Princess messaging that’s bugging me (as well as the buggy app) as we near our first cruise in 5 years. It’s gonna be an amazing time though….we cannot wait! 🙂

4 hours ago, calvin31 said:

We are leaving from Seattle and likely arriving around Noon (long drive from home) but that’s all good…it’s the inconsistency of Princess messaging that’s bugging me (as well as the buggy app) as we near our first cruise in 5 years. It’s gonna be an amazing time though….we cannot wait! 🙂

Arriving at that time should be a breeze for you.  The mad rush will be over, I hope.

They did do away with the arrival times, although they weren’t followed anyway.

But, as true to form, the website and emails are full of old information.  
Have a great cruise! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 4:35 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Arriving at that time should be a breeze for you.  The mad rush will be over, I hope.

They did do away with the arrival times, although they weren’t followed anyway.

But, as true to form, the website and emails are full of old information.  
Have a great cruise! 

This is good to know. Maybe I'm being naïve, but my plan is to just carry on my bag and arrive between noon and 1 so I can hopefully just dump my stuff in my cabin, grab a drink, and start exploring. Not necessarily in that order. 😉