How obstructed? VH4093 VH4101

davo67

Hi All,

Potentially our first cruise with HAL and really looking forward to it if it goes ahead.

We're looking at an Alaskan cruise on Koningsdam. The cabins we're considering are "partially obstructed" VH093, VH4101.  I've had a lot of these type over the years and at a saving of $1k/person for the cruise definitely worth considering.

But the question is really how obstructed are they?  Can you see past the life boats or is it basically just a wall of red?

I've looked for reviews but can only find the stock images for these 2 cabins.

They are both starboard which I've been told is best for this cruise (well that's what the TA told me anyway lol).

Thanks for help anyone can give 🙂

cheers,

davo

Thanks all for that. I searched here but didn't find anything on that cabin. That post helps a lot. I think 4093 and 4101 are both in the same line for obstruction. We tend to be night-owls so can probably handle the noise. I will see what other options I have with obstruction though that might be better.

11 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Halfacts is a great website for everything HAL.  Every class of ship, and many, many rooms of photos of people who stayed in that room.

L.

Thanks so much. I'll definitely have a look there if we get closer to booking.

Have you had a look at booking Club orange if it is available for your cruise?
Basically you book and pay for the lowest veranda guarantee and get to choose the cabin of your choice which can be any sort of veranda, do make sure you know which cabin you want.

You also get some other perks including separate dining room.

We used this for our Nieuwe Statendam cruise and our end price was less expensive than booking without Club orange.

Sorry for weird link but google kept giving me a Dutch one!

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjclIL_z_SAAxW-_7sIHdgtDysQFnoECA8QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollandamerica.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fhal%2Finventory-assets%2Factivity-types%2Fdining%2Fclub-orange%2FClub_Orange_Benefits.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2fDlfGk6vK0AM25BzacSH4&opi=89978449

Edited by cruiseaholic78

I was just investigating this exact thing!  I've booked VH4135 which I'd be happy with but thought I should investigate the options with Club Orange.

How do I find out if it's available, and also what cabins I could upgrade to?

9 minutes ago, davo67 said:

I was just investigating this exact thing!  I've booked VH4135 which I'd be happy with but thought I should investigate the options with Club Orange.

How do I find out if it's available, and also what cabins I could upgrade to?

Ask your travel agent or HAL.