New York Brooklyn Cruise Port

Hi all, we are on Marella Discovery 10th September and we will be docked at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in New York for 2 nights and not at Manhattan Cruise Terminal which is about 8 miles away from the city, just our luck eh.  We are the the only ones all summer not to dock in Manhattan. We do have a full day trip booked for our first day but will do our own thing on the second.  We have seen the ferry service that takes you into the city but it involves 2 ferry rides.  has anyone any info about  taxi fares  from Brooklyn  to Central Park say or is there things in Brooklyn area to see/do. any info would be greatly appreciated.

That’s a real bummer, I feel for you.

We leave on 3rd Sep and have just checked on the port website to make sure ours hasn’t changed, but thankfully we are still showing as going into Manhattan. I’d be really annoyed if it changed.

If anyone need to check, this the site I looked at

https://www.panynj.gov/port/en/our-port/cruise-terminals.html

Gramwold. I presume you’re on the cruise that is in New York on 20/21 September? We’re on the same one. have you looked at the subway. 2.90 usd, you can go from Carroll St in Brooklyn, I can’t remember which line you get. I’m currently away from home and all my info is there. We’re either getting the ferry across to pier 11 then the one up to 34th street or getting the subway up to Central Park and having done the park will make our way back to Times Square and on to Brooklyn. We’re also going to get the ferry to Wall St and going to 911, the Ghostbusters fire station then walking back across the Brooklyn Bridge. 

Edited by ladyjayneq
Extra info.

Brooklyn has a brilliant botanical gardens, and the views across to Manhatten really are amazing. So it might be worth having a look across, then maybe subway. The subway is very straightforward. We went from near the World Trade centre site all the way up to the Yankees Stadium and back and felt very safe. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s easy We’ve taken the ferry red hook to pier 11 or stay on time to next stop dumbo and you can get a lovely ice cream and walk across the Brooklyn bridge. You can then walk to ground zero, park high line walk, free ferry goes past Statue of Liberty. If you look on YouTube it’s all on there just download the ferry app as cheaper to buy ticktets and do t need to queue.