No flights left when booking ? will more be added

fragilek

This happened to a large number of cruises last year and dribs and drabs occurred when people cancelled.  If P&O are saying no flights as its October 2024 they must have been offering a charter.  Scheduled flight programmes are not normally released until 12 months before the date of departure and assumedly aren't on sale yet.

Did you actually look into this before booking the cruise?  If you are using a reputable travel agent they should be able to arrange the flights. Personally with such a long time to go before the cruise I'd consider an overnight in Malta the day before if I'm relying on a non P&O flight just in case of aircraft problems etc.

It was a bit of a disaster this morning. Somehow I manged to book the wrong cruise with flights on line only realised when the invoice was sent to my email. Immediately phone P&O and the helped move the booking to the cruise I actually wanted but there were no flights for it left.  I would probably not have booked in that situation but really had to to avoid loosing deposit. No idea how I was so stupid!  Yes if I can't get on the same flights as the ship are using I do plan on going a few days early

• 3 weeks later...

Update in case anyone finds this info useful in the future. I kept checking the booking page and flights became available today. I phoned and after on hold for about 40mins someone answered and the were able to add the flights and transfers at no extra cost. She said only 2 seats had become available so it must have been a cancellation 

• Like 4