Quality inn Galveston

crewsin250

Is there anyone that can share info on this hotel. Do they have free parking during the cruise if they do I would like info on how you got from hotel to cruise ship, also price and how long it took to get back to hotel after cruise.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Paul

We stayed there one night prior to the cruise. It would have been a nice stay but, when we got to the room we noticed that the ceiling in the bathroom was leaking. Here the people above us had overfilled their whirlpool tub and it overflowed into our room. So we had to give up our whirlpool room and got stuck in a basic king room which was so much smaller than the room we originally had. It was really upsetting since we had used our choice points for this room, mainly for the tub, we were never compensated for the change of room. Other than that we had a balcony and could see the Conquest from it so that was pretty cool. As for the parking I do believe you can leave your car there, but they don't have transportation to the port so you would have to pay for a taxi, we had a rental car so we didn't have to worry about it. Its not too far from the port maybe a ten minute drive maybe quicker depending on traffic. Have fun on the conquest, I miss her already!

Buckeye12 I am sorry you had this problem, this must have started a trend the Ship we will be cruising on had a water problem and flooded a deck this past week. They had to send some people home because there cabins got flooded.

If anyone can share info on transportation to and from this hotel it would be greatful.

Paul

• 1 year later...

We found this hotel sufficient for our needs. The hotel was clean and the staff was efficient. We booked directly with the hotel online. We paid $135 for three people on a Saturday night precruise. We were gulf front and if you look to the north you can see the cruise ships in port.

The hotel had free Internet and they also included breakfast. No shuttle to the port so we took a cab for $18.00. Directly next door is a Tex-Mex restaurant and also a McDonald's.

A half a block up the road is a large supermarket with a pharmacy which was handy because we forgot to pack a few item.

Happy sailing!:)

We found this hotel sufficient for our needs. The hotel was clean and the staff was efficient. We booked directly with the hotel online. We paid $135 for three people on a Saturday night precruise. We were gulf front and if you look to the north you can see the cruise ships in port.

The hotel had free Internet and they also included breakfast. No shuttle to the port so we took a cab for $18.00. Directly next door is a Tex-Mex restaurant and also a McDonald's.

A half a block up the road is a large supermarket with a pharmacy which was handy because we forgot to pack a few item.

Happy sailing!:)

Good to know, thanks.

Thanks so much for posting this review. We are staying here pre-cruise in November. A friend was down there a few months ago and said it looked nice but I'm happy to hear a report from someone who stayed. My friend will be happy to hear about the supermarket.

Two questions: How hard was it to get a taxi? We have 10 people going and that's a lot of luggage! LOL And did the supermarket sell liquor?

Thanks!!

We stayed here last July. We wanted to book it again this August. However the hotel is requiring a 2 night stay then. Is this hotel for your stay in November? The hotel hooked up with a shuttle. For 10 people it may take 2 trips. Be in the lobby early.

Yes, it's for our November cruise. I will call them to see about shuttle service at that time. The bad thing is that it is bike week so I want to make sure that we have a way to get to the port. I sure don't want to walk with all that luggage!! LOL

My experience at this hotel was great also! Clean, nice breakfast, kind, oceanview with balcony. This is where we are staying again pre-cruise in October. An idea for the 10 people with alot of luggage, it would be definitely cheaper for a couple in your party to drive everybody and luggage to the pier and then drive back to the hotel and then get a cab. That way you don't have to pay for everybody and all the luggage and then just meet up at the pier before you go in. It is easy to get a cab but you must be patient, others are anxiously departing for the cruise also!

Also left car there all week and there were no problems which is a mind saver :)

Thanks so much for posting this review. We are staying here pre-cruise in November. A friend was down there a few months ago and said it looked nice but I'm happy to hear a report from someone who stayed. My friend will be happy to hear about the supermarket.

Two questions: How hard was it to get a taxi? We have 10 people going and that's a lot of luggage! LOL And did the supermarket sell liquor?

Thanks!!

The cab took 25 minutes to arrive at the hotel, driver said it is very busy with two ships in port. The cab was a mini van and so was the one before us.

Wasn't looking for liquor but I do remember seeing wine.:D

We are staying there pre-cruise in November (also the bike week-end) and am glad to here it's a decent hotel. We were lucky enough to get the military rate for $89 for the night.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to post this so late, but I just wanted to let anyone know who is considering staying at this property that it was well worth it. It's on the opposite side of the island from the port and was about a 10-15 minute ride to the port. The hotel itself was clean, the rooms were very nice and we had no problems checking in or out. The continental breakfast was a little sparse, but they had the usual fare, bagles, dry cereal, some fruit, etc.

The beach is directly across the street and if you feel like a little adventure, there is a fishing pier that you can rent poles at and fish at night. People were catching all kinds of fish - including the horrible little sea snake we caught! :eek:

Walmart is within walking distance and is a full grocery store. We bought soda and water to take on board, along with all the little things we didn't want to carry on the plane with us. Hard liquor was purchased at a liquor store, but I don't know where they went for that. I'm sure the people at the front desk can send you in the right direction.

The Mexican restaurant (Tortuga's, I believe) was excellent! They were able to handle 14 of us with no problems. Try the guacamole which is made fresh at your table. There is also a McDonald's within walking distance.

Later that evening, we walked down the road to Rainforest Cafe'. There are various hotel bars but that is about the extent of it within walking distance. Rainforest is good for a pre-sail foofy drink - a little expensive but fun.

Lastly, we called for a taxi around 9:00 a.m. to pick us up for a ride to the port. I believe we had them pick us up at 10:00 a.m. There were 12 of us heading to the ship and the taxi company had no problem getting us there and they were on time.

Hope this helps!

E

• 1 month later...

Just booked this hotel for our pre-cruise stay in July. Summer rates are really high and I found the best rate on Galveston.com.

Thanks everyone for posting the great information and I think it will be comfortable here :)

Also just booked for 2 day pre-cruise. We sea that there is a city bus line that goes by the hotel. Has anyone used it? Comments?

Thanks,

Rick and Deirdra

I can try and check it out for you in July - if you're sailing later. We will have a vehicle so won't need to use the bus but I will try and help if I can....

Archived