Panama City Night tours?

9tee2Sea

Our cruise ship docks in Fuerte Amador ( I thinks it's Feb 1, 2024) at 8pm, departs the next day I believe at 3 or 4 pm.  A few questions,  I am wanting to explore the city at night.  Is it safe-ish ( I know...nowhere is 100% safe, just have to be aware of surroundings at all times).  Are there any night tours someone can suggest?  How far of a walk from Fuerte Amador Cruise terminal into town ( Old part, colonial part, modern part)?  I do plan on doing a Hop On Hop Off the following day.  Thanks

While i would not have any reservations in going into town in a group, don't think I would try this alone or only with one or two other people without a guide of some sort.  From the cruise terminal into the nearest part of the City would be close to 5 miles and that would not be the primo part.  There are some eateries and such near the terminal that offer great views across the bay towards the City.  IMO Panama and the City, unless you are with someone knowledgeable can run into some pretty sketchy areas within a block or two particularly after dark .  Not a good place for DIY tourism without some sort of guide.  If your with someone who knows the area, you are fine.

Something else to consider is that we don’t yet know what the status of Fuerte Amador will be early next year. Hopefully, the cruise terminal will have been finished by then and passengers will no longer have to take a shuttle bus to a more central location in order to get a taxi or other transportation. 

17 hours ago, BillB48 said:

While i would not have any reservations in going into town in a group, don't think I would try this alone or only with one or two other people without a guide of some sort.  From the cruise terminal into the nearest part of the City would be close to 5 miles and that would not be the primo part.  There are some eateries and such near the terminal that offer great views across the bay towards the City.  IMO Panama and the City, unless you are with someone knowledgeable can run into some pretty sketchy areas within a block or two particularly after dark .  Not a good place for DIY tourism without some sort of guide.  If your with someone who knows the area, you are fine.

Thanks BillB48

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Something else to consider is that we don’t yet know what the status of Fuerte Amador will be early next year. Hopefully, the cruise terminal will have been finished by then and passengers will no longer have to take a shuttle bus to a more central location in order to get a taxi or other transportation. 

FYI

NCL is advertising excursions with busses "leaving the cruise terminal" for the early Dec Bliss docking in Panama City.

Not certain if this will be a fact, or just wishful thinking.