18 days to embarkation; still no final payment.

visagrunt

Well, it's 18 days to embarkation and Azamara still don't have our final invoice correct, and it has been radio silence to my travel agent.

He has thirteen bookings on this cruise and only 9 have been finalized.  Four (including his own) remain in limbo, still.  While I'm prepared to exercise some understanding for computer migration, the radio silence from AZ is now becoming most off-putting.

I remain optimistic that all will be resolved before I have to get on a plane; but I will be boarding with a very sour taste in my mouth that the crew will be hard pressed to overcome.

1 hour ago, alcpa1 said:

Sorry to hear of your plight but dang, if you TA can't get it worked out, it's on him.

Don't take it out on the crew and staff.

Sorry, what?  I don't think you can dump the blame for this IT catastrophe on the end-user.  I have every sympathy for the travel industry professionals trying to get a handle on what seems to be an endlessly changing litany of issues and problems.

If I was a Travel Agent I'd be steering well clear of Azamara for the time being.  I think the poster was making the point that even the excellent on board service will not compensate for the shoreside fiasco over the last months.

• Like 6

Update, the agent and AZ agree on the amount for each of the four bookings; but in each case the amounts showing due do not reflect what AZ agrees are actually due.  There is a disconnect between the Reservations department and either IT or Finance.

Some optimism returns--and let's be clear, I never intended to take it out on the crew or staff.  Rather, no matter how good the crew and staff on board, it's an open question whether they can redeem AZ from the mess their HQ are wallowing in.

• Like 2

If it's any help, last year we were on a series of 5, B2B journeys with Azamara. True, it before this IT xxx whatever you want to call it. Somehow, I wound up not paying for one of the cruises. The deposit had been paid, all the other cruises were fine. I got an invoice from Guest Relations  for several thousand dollars. Yes, I had had a premium single malt in Prime C the night before, but seriously? I went down, they explained the situation, I told them I was certain I paid that bill months ago, and how was I allowed onboard if I hadn't? They couldn't answer, and suggested I contact my credit card company. Which I did. Turns out my ... travel agency was not managing the reservation, so I never got a final bill, and Azamara never contacted me with the charges. Luckily the reservation was NOT cancelled for non payment, and everything was handled very diplomatically.  No problem paying the bill with my credit card, I can't say I was embarrassed, but I still wonder how I got on as a stowaway. I would guess that if you have your papers, all will settle itself out. You might want to get copies of your credit card invoices to take with you before you leave - showing your deposit and payment. Good luck.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
avoided deleting post by removing TA reference
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, visagrunt said:

....no matter how good the crew and staff on board, it's an open question whether they can redeem AZ from the mess their HQ are wallowing in.

You need to change mindset, decide that YOU will 'redeem the mess' and enjoy every minute onboard! Honestly, it's that simple. 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am sorry to hear about this. Not everyone is the same and can just shrug it off and hope all turns out ok in the end.  It isn't your fault nor the travel agent. Lot's of apologists on here but sorry this is not acceptable or any way to treat customers.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, ikelmay said:

Sorry, what?  I don't think you can dump the blame for this IT catastrophe on the end-user.  I have every sympathy for the travel industry professionals trying to get a handle on what seems to be an endlessly changing litany of issues and problems.

If I was a Travel Agent I'd be steering well clear of Azamara for the time being.  I think the poster was making the point that even the excellent on board service will not compensate for the shoreside fiasco over the last months.

I believe that unfortunately this is one of the last few problems remaining from the IT mess. This is not typical of how things are proceeding for most passengers now, and I hope this can be straightened out quickly. It’s not a reason for TAs to avoid Azamara. I have several new bookings with Azamara for 2024 and 2025, and my TA is not having any problems at all.

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2023 at 1:49 AM, ikelmay said:

I canceled my cruise and it's pretty far out.  I am not willing to take on the risk and headaches of a new independent player in this industry. I feel good that refund has been processed and will feel better when the deposit is posted back to my credit card.  Not a "Journey" I'm willing to continue with Sycamore right now.  I hope they return to what they were and even build some new ships to replace an aging fleet.  We can replace our cruise with Oceania.  If it's not as good, it will be good enough.