Your stateroom will be allocated closer to sailing

Austcruiser84

So my upcoming Cunard voyage is all paid for and online check in will soon become available. I’ve got a specific stateroom booked, which has always showed on the Cunard my voyage app. 

However, in the past week I have noticed that the phrase “your stateroom will be allocated prior to sailing” appears for 10 seconds before my stateroom number shows. 

Should I read into this or is this common and likely an app glitch? Happy with my choice but won’t say no to an upgrade. 

I agree that's standard behavior for My Cunard. My bookings show the message "Your stateroom will be allocated closer to departure" before changing to show the cabin number I have booked.

That message doesn't display for 10 seconds for my bookings (more like 1 second for me), but it does display briefly on my bookings. The login process "spins" for about 10 seconds before it shows me anything about my booking. That behavior is normal as well.

• Like 2

That message is the one you get on Saver fares (and then goes to a specific stateroom number a few weeks to departure). You can get it on a Cunard fare, particularly on QE on some of the complex Australasia trips where they don't allocate statesrooms between short sectors surrounded by longer cruises. But yes, in this case it's probably a UX issue of which there are plenty on Cunard's website, and for that matter other Carnival sites.