FLL hotel to Miami port ???

prc

A cab would be pricy. Find a hotel with shuttle service, or stay some where closer to Miami. Many of the hotels offer shuttles to both airports.

If they don't I'm sure they can arrange/recommend something.

Go for the best airfare and then find a hotel. you shouldn't have a problem.

We, almost, always fly into FLL and stay at a hotel in Miami because, it's easier, if not cheeper, to get a ride from FLL airport to Miami area (we almost exclusivly use Tri-Co shuttle service at $15 p/p), and on day of sailing, it's a 5 minute taxi/hotel shuttle ride to the port.

For hotels, we usualy use Priceline after researching on biddingfortravel.com

In February we flew into FLL stayed at the La Quinta near the airport and took Tri-County transportation to the Miami Port. The cost for the transportation was $64 (before tip) for the four of us. The trip from the hotel to the port took only 35 to 40 minutes.

prc - there is also another hotel near the airport called summerfield suites. (the name may have changed as it was just bought out by another hotel chain). Continental breakfast. Nice place. Again probably a 34 - 40 min ride to the airport. I don't think they offered a shuttle service to the port, but you could check.

Thanks to all. I took the flights, we will worry about hotel/transport next week !!! Not leaving 'till end of April.

I asked the same question about taxi fare from Miami airport to port, which I was told would be $25.00 flat rate, so would assume would be the same from a hotel close to airport, we're staying at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon because there is going to be 4 in a room and this Hampton has 2 queen beds, 2 doubles are just too small. Hope this helps.

Archived