Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to LGA

mushroom

Prior to cruising out of Brooklyn I had many concerns about the reliability of service to and from the port.  I got good advice from Cruise Critic and thought I'd share what I learned.  Pre-cruise, we stayed overnight at the Sheraton LGA East.  I had reserved a minivan through Carmel Car Service.  Post cruise, I had the same arrangement with Carmel back to the airport.  It went perfectly!  The company keeps you informed via text what the car and driver look like and when to expect pick up.  I had prepaid the first reservation and included the tip in payment.  No problem.  The return from the port to the airport I had not prepaid and was able to pay directly to the driver.  This time we were notified by phone call where the driver was going to be.  The pickup area at Brooklyn is very organized.  It's located just to the left of the terminal exit.  There are three zones.  You're better off if you walk up to Zone One.  It's less congested and the first zone the driver will approach. Again, I had a picture of the van and the driver and his name.  I'd read mixed reviews about Carmel but for me, it was great service, from start to finish. I worried for nothing!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mushroom said:

Pre-cruise, we stayed overnight at the Sheraton LGA East.

Fabulous! I live a few blocks from that hotel, about 10-15 minutes on foot. Hopefully you were also able to enjoy a bit of Flushing.