Arvia Med 2025 Shore Excursions

gteach

Hi all,

We booked a 14 night Med on Arvia for 2025 whilst we were onboard Iona last week. 

As this cruise is in 2 years, our personaliser does not show any excursions.

Just so we know a ballpark of how much extra money to save, what types of excursions do P&O offer in the following ports:

- La Coruna

- Malaga

- Alicante

- Toulon

- Barcelona

- Seville (From Cadiz)

TIA

18 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Try looking for the same cruise for 2024 that may give you some idea.

They don't have the same itinerary and it does not list specific excursions anywhere on P&O website

44 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Just read your 1st post again, could be that they have t listed them yet as it’s 2 years away.

No they haven't listed them yet. Which was why I asked if anyone had any examples as what's to offer. Around half of these ports Arvia has visited before. 

Done this route a couple of times. All are lovely ports within themselves. Note Seville is a 1.5-2 hour excursion from Cadiz in itself. Here are excursions I have been on from these ports.

La Coruna...to the pilgrimage city of Santiago de Compostela

Malaga.. to Granada and the Alhambra

Alicante.... had a fun day out in Benidorm

Toulon....just enjoy the town and coast...lovely walks

Barcelona....La Sagrada de Familia. Not sure if the Nou Camp stadium redevelopment will be finished for tours.

Seville is a must if you have not been and in spring it will be very colourful and the April Fayre may be on.

You will not be short of places to go and quite a few you can easily do yourselves.

I am on this cruise next May. Not yet looked at excursions, but as with young children this time round, most likely will stay around these ports destinations. It really is an excellent itinerary.

• 6 months later...

I'm also on Arvia in the Med for 2025 (K514), Toulon is now live. Saint Tropez, Bandol (beach), Castellet, Aix en Provence, Cassis and Sanary-sur-mer.

2 hours ago, RO1123 said:

I'm also on Arvia in the Med for 2025 (K514), Toulon is now live. Saint Tropez, Bandol (beach), Castellet, Aix en Provence, Cassis and Sanary-sur-mer.

Be aware that it is a long transfer from Toulon to Saint Tropez -  it was about 2.5 hours along the coast road but quicker coming back on the motorway.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 8:26 PM, bee-ess said:

Be aware that it is a long transfer from Toulon to Saint Tropez -  it was about 2.5 hours along the coast road but quicker coming back on the motorway.

That explains so much, I checked Google Maps and saw it was 1h 15 by car (via motorway) but then there's only 2.5 hours of free time after the walking tour before 40 minutes at Port Grimaud, the entire excursion is 7 hours so I did wonder where the rest of the time was going.

I think I'll stick in Toulon this day, get the cable car upto Mont Faron and do some shopping.

56 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Toulon old town is lovely, as is the beach (for lunch) which you can reach via the little train.  Was happy when it replaced Marseilles, which I do not like, last year.

We have been to Toulon a few times, but only recently discovered to mini train and the beaches. Brilliant find.This next cruuse we are due to visit Marseilles. As we haven't been before, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

This will be my first cruise (and first holiday outside the UK since I was a child). I have already done a huge amount of planning done and it's still about 460 days away! I am beyond excited for it. My ports are a little different: La Coruna, Palma, La Spezia, Toulon, Barcelona, Cadiz.

I think the only shore excursion I will definitely book is Pisa and Florence for La Spezia. My excursions aren't fully available yet, Toulon just appeared, otherwise there's some for La Coruna.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RO1123 said:

This will be my first cruise (and first holiday outside the UK since I was a child). I have already done a huge amount of planning done and it's still about 460 days away! I am beyond excited for it. My ports are a little different: La Coruna, Palma, La Spezia, Toulon, Barcelona, Cadiz.

I think the only shore excursion I will definitely book is Pisa and Florence for La Spezia. My excursions aren't fully available yet, Toulon just appeared, otherwise there's some for La Coruna.

You dont want to make the mistake of overthinking it.  By all means research whats in port and things to do but the more you want to do the more stressfull it becomes making sure that it happens.  I used to plan my holidays (both cruise and land holidays) with a timetable but it became a drag and I spent a lot of time anxious and worrying about it.