Disembarkation - How early?

still2busy2

We have a cruise in October, round-trip Southampton, and were planning to use the National Bus to return to Heathrow.  The ship is set to dock at 6am.  We just got a notification that our Bus has been changed to 7:30am.  Will we be able to disembark the ship in time to make this bus?

If you do self disembarkation which starts around 07:00 - this always assumes that the ship is not late arriving in port. I have known ships to be as late as 11:00 at docking in Southampton.

Personally I would not arrange any onward transport before 09:00 from Southampton.

In my experience (several times at Southampton) you will need to be one of the first off the ship, meaning "self-disembarking" by taking your own luggage.  Still...that *could* be tight because you are never guaranteed that the ship will actually dock at that time AND you don't know how quickly local authorities will clear the ship to disembark.  Why invite stress?  I would try for a later bus.

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

In my experience (several times at Southampton) you will need to be one of the first off the ship, meaning "self-disembarking" by taking your own luggage.  Still...that *could* be tight because you are never guaranteed that the ship will actually dock at that time AND you don't know how quickly local authorities will clear the ship to disembark.  Why invite stress?  I would try for a later bus.

Thanks.  That is what I was thinking.  Just wanted advice from experienced cruisers.  

28 minutes ago, Madamexxx007Madame007 said:

Anyone would know what time is likely for the first princess transfer to the airport from fort lauderdale

I understand the ship needs to be cleared.  
tks diane

Probably around 9am. I would not book a Princess transfer. Taxis are right at the pier. The cost for a private taxi is just about the cost of a Princess transfer. Remember Princess charges per person. Taxi is per ride. Also, Princess transfer busses do not leave until they are full.