On 8/28/2023 at 2:34 PM, caligirl49 said:

We are taking about 8 cruises between this year and next year.  Is it more economical to do an annual policy?  Also does Celebrity's insurer offer this option?

Hi caligirl49,

I haven't found an Annual Trip Cancellation plan that is good enough for me to sell due to their plan limitations with what's needed to cover the changes in travel since Covid started.

Steve Dasseos

3 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi caligirl49,

I haven't found an Annual Trip Cancellation plan that is good enough for me to sell due to their plan limitations with what's needed to cover the changes in travel since Covid started.

Steve Dasseos

What plan do you suggest for each trip?  We have international medical coverage through our past employer so we are more interested in trip cancellation and delays coverage

On 8/29/2023 at 7:17 PM, caligirl49 said:

What plan do you suggest for each trip?  We have international medical coverage through our past employer so we are more interested in trip cancellation and delays coverage

Hi caligirl49,

Neither Cruise Critic nor myself want you to put private information on a public forum, so if you don't mind, would you either email me your trip details ato steve@tripinsurancestore.com or fill out this form at https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-email-contact-form/ ?

Steve Dasseos

On 8/29/2023 at 5:10 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

Steve Dasseos

Would you mind elaborating on this.

I have looked at a dozen annual comprehensive plans from six different companies and I have yet to find a plan that would work for us.  But once I find a limitation that I can not live with, I tend not to scrutinize the rest of the policy.  I have a feeling there may be more limitations than the ones I have noticed.

PS - We do carry an annual GeoBlue Trekker medical and evacuation policy that we purchase through TIS. This is an excellent plan for us. GeoBlue's medical and evac coverage is much better (for us) than the medical and evac coverage of any of the annual comprehensive travel plans I have seen.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:40 AM, Jersey42 said:

Would you mind elaborating on this.

I have looked at a dozen annual comprehensive plans from six different companies and I have yet to find a plan that would work for us.  But once I find a limitation that I can not live with, I tend not to scrutinize the rest of the policy.  I have a feeling there may be more limitations than the ones I have noticed.

PS - We do carry an annual GeoBlue Trekker medical and evacuation policy that we purchase through TIS. This is an excellent plan for us. GeoBlue's medical and evac coverage is much better (for us) than the medical and evac coverage of any of the annual comprehensive travel plans I have seen.

Hi Jersey42,

The Annual Trip Cancellation plans are what they say: "Trip Cancellation plans" and the trip cancellation, trip interruption benefits are their main focus and not the other coverages.

The pandemic, and its after-effects, changed the travel experience. The biggest change I've seen is the number of Trip Delay and Baggage Delay claims. Some delays are related to the flight crew and air traffic controller staffing problems. Others are directly from (or domino effects) of strikes, bad weather and natural disasters. In addition, doctor-ordered Covid quarantines are covered under the Trip Delay benefit.

Prior to the pandemic, there weren't that many Trip Delay and Baggage Delay claims. When we'd ask people who wanted an Annual Trip Cancellation plan if they were concerned about delay, medical, baggage or missed connection coverages, hardly anyone wanted those.

Now, when we ask about those other benefits, nearly everyone wants good delay coverage plus some of the others. So that's why I say "I haven't found an Annual Trip Cancellation plan that is good enough for me to sell due to their plan limitations with what's needed to cover the changes in travel since Covid started."

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

I learned the Allianz annual plan policy is not combinable with other travel insurance policies for the same trip. For example, the Allianz annual plan offers $50,000 emergency medical so it is not possible to combine this annual policy with another single trip medical travel plan that would provide additional emergency medical coverage. Also, the Allianz annual plan limit for trip cancellation and trip interruption is a maximum of $15,000 per policy (not per person) so if a trip costs more than $7,500 per person, and you want to increase that coverage, you cannot buy additional coverage from either Allianz or another travel insurance company to cover the difference. Said another way, you cannot ‘double dip’ insurance policies to get additional coverage. You have to choose whether to use only the Allianz annual plan, or forego that plan and buy a single trip policy to provide the coverage you need.

It pays to shop between annual and single trip plans. And also recommend talking with Steve, Deanna or Kim at Trip Insurance Store. They are a wealth of knowledge and very helpful for making travel insurance decisions. 

• Thanks 1