Add-on Tips

Not a username2

I have all included for my cruise booked next year. Under manage reservation there is an "Add-on" section with pre-paid tips. It was not added yesterday, I have logged in today and noticed my balance due is higher, looked under add-on and it has checked off as added pre-paid tips without me doing that?? Is this not the same "tips" as the all included??

Edited by Not a username2
clarifying

24 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

I have all included for my cruise booked next year. Under manage reservation there is an "Add-on" section with pre-paid tips. It was not added yesterday, I have logged in today and noticed my balance due is higher, looked under add-on and it has checked off as added pre-paid tips without me doing that?? Is this not the same "tips" as the all included??

Wow that doesn't sound right, need to find out if any preplanned cruises that were AI now doesn't include the tips.  I am going to look at mine. I have my TA looking into it.

Edited by lv2cruisgrl

It often takes a few days until the company adds all the "all included" options in your cruise planner.

Last time it took something like 3 days for me. Suddenly you'll see those in your order history, and also the debt will be gone by then. 🙂

It will then look like something in the picture below. One is for the added Wifi, one for the drink package. Normally once those are done, you'll also see the gratuities added on  the Manage Reservation page.

877926e2ac546f7ae1e90ee5c48d916b.png

Edited by SmilingOctopus
Added picture

I

25 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

...looked under add-on and it has checked off as added pre-paid tips without me doing that??...

It's doing the same for me when I log into my Celebrity account.  I booked the Retreat and although the Packages and Extras section states "The Retreat, Premium Wi-Fi, Premium drinks, Tips", it keeps selecting Prepaid Tips as an add-on. I've just be deselecting it every time I go in there.

Thank you for posting this.  I just logged on to my account, and "Prepaid Tips" to the tune of $460.00 have been added to our final bill.  We booked when there were four perks:  OBC, WiFi, PBP, and Gratuities.  In addition, our overall remaining fare due to Celebrity went up by $200.

I'm awaiting a call back from them to explain, and to agree to change it back to my quoted fare that was emailed to me in July.  Will let you know what pans out...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sparkopotamus said:

Thank you for posting this.  I just logged on to my account, and "Prepaid Tips" to the tune of $460.00 have been added to our final bill.  We booked when there were four perks:  OBC, WiFi, PBP, and Gratuities.  In addition, our overall remaining fare due to Celebrity went up by $200.

I'm awaiting a call back from them to explain, and to agree to change it back to my quoted fare that was emailed to me in July.  Will let you know what pans out...

I can imagine how many people could be getting caught out with this dubious glitch

1 hour ago, Not a username2 said:

We also have the AI for our future cruises. Our final payments have not changed. I now have the option to remove (garbage can with an X in it) or add back the gratuity (plus sign) with AI. No way will I remove them. Gratuities and BP are 2 of the 3 components I like with the AI. Call whoever you booked with. 

Edited by doghog

We have three cruises booked through a TA.  I assume they are or will sort this out for us.  One is paid in full.  Two are in 2024.  Hate to think they may be our last.  All the nickel and diming and lowering of quality leaves me disappointed.  

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a spreadsheet nut so I'm creating one with the original fees and the new ones, line by line.

The total posted on the Celebrity website is wrong, i.e., the basic math is not correct.

And you bet I'm going to uncheck that Added Gratuity, which shouldn't be there in the first place because Gratuities are (were?) covered in our original quoted fare.

1 minute ago, sparkopotamus said:

Wow.  I just clicked the garbage can icon to remove the $460.00 Prepaid Tips and the fee was not removed.  

I clicked on the X and my final payment changed less that amount. Added the gratuities back and now final payment is back to what it originally is suppose to be. 

Edited by doghog

3 hours ago, Josie201 said:

We have three cruises booked through a TA.  I assume they are or will sort this out for us.  One is paid in full.  Two are in 2024.  Hate to think they may be our last.  All the nickel and diming and lowering of quality leaves me disappointed.  

Same with us. I also waiting to hear back from my TA.  

2 hours ago, sparkopotamus said:

I'm on the telephone with them now.  Apparently the system "knows" not to charge us the $460.00.

I'm assembling my own spreadsheet.  I need to see line items.  

This is X IT 'normal'.  Been that way for years.  Takes about 2-3 days for the system to back out the tip charge from your total on the website.  Just go by the booking confirmation you received.  No point in deselecting the tip 'option'...it'll just go right back on until their accounting dept. aligns with Systems.