Uber, Lyft or Cab to port

CJPrincess

I usually travel out of Galveston and drive to port.  However, this trip I have to fly to Long Beach for the cruise to Hawaii.  I am flying in the day before because we have all heard those horror stories of delayed flights.  So I will need to get a ride from Airport to hotel, hotel to ship the next day and then port to airport upon return.  I don't travel without my car often so I don't know which is better, Uber, Lyft or cab.  What is your experience and advice.  TIA

I usually use Uber because I feel their app is the easiest to use.

Not sure if you've been to Long Beach before, but there's only 1 way in and 1 way out. It gets pretty busy with folks dropping people off for embarkation and people picking up after a cruise. So, the line getting into the port can get long.

Also, not sure why some GPS units do this, but it can send you to downtown Long Beach. Instead, have your drive follow the signs that say "Cruise Terminal"

Have a good cruise 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJPrincess said:

I usually travel out of Galveston and drive to port.  However, this trip I have to fly to Long Beach for the cruise to Hawaii.  I am flying in the day before because we have all heard those horror stories of delayed flights.  So I will need to get a ride from Airport to hotel, hotel to ship the next day and then port to airport upon return.  I don't travel without my car often so I don't know which is better, Uber, Lyft or cab.  What is your experience and advice.  TIA

Uber would be our preferd choice.  Any of the three will do the trick.  

Do you have your heart set on a particular hotel?  The Queen Mary and Hotel Maya are both in walking distance of the port for the next morning.  Also a number of hotels will offer a free shuttle from the hotel to the port, although then you will be on their schedule.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

For ship to airport at end of cruise, you can also do the ship transfer. Likely not the least expensive  but it'll be the easiest to do.

I prefer the return ship transfer.  There is so much chaos, it is just easier to find clearly marked buses.  

• Like 2

Thank you all for your information.  I will look into Uber since that seems to be the preferred.

I did look into Queen Mary and Hotel Maya but they were booked up already.  

That is good to know that it gets crowded down at the port.

On 8/29/2023 at 4:21 PM, CJPrincess said:

Does your hotel offer a pickup shuttle from the airport to the hotel? We stay at Holiday Inn and they have a free shuttle. We also fly in the night before. We take Uber from the hotel to the port.