room location question on AOS

sr11

We are booked in d1 7214 &7216 adjoining rooms on AOS. I am looking at the ship layout and I am wondering what is directly next to 7214? These are the last two rooms before the curve to the front of the ship. We wanted to be located more to the center of the ship, being that it is our first time we are worried about the motion. Do you think this location is ok? Does anyone know if there would be anything obstructing our view from the balcony? We don't know what to expect any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Susan

The cruise brochure or online deck plans can tell you if the view is at all obstructed. To be honest, if the seas are really rough, you will feel it no matter where you are, so don't worry too much about motion. The Voyager class ships are really quite stable in normal ocean conditions. You'll have a great time!

You should be just fine. I was on AOS in cabin 9292 last week and remember looking down on clear views the entire way down. I'll check my photos this evening to be certain, but I'm fairly sure you'll have an unobstructed view. The ship also rode really well, so unless you're really really sensitive, you'll do just fine.

Have a great time!

We are booked in d1 7214 &7216 adjoining rooms on AOS. I am looking at the ship layout and I am wondering what is directly next to 7214? These are the last two rooms before the curve to the front of the ship. We wanted to be located more to the center of the ship, being that it is our first time we are worried about the motion. Do you think this location is ok? Does anyone know if there would be anything obstructing our view from the balcony? We don't know what to expect any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Susan

On our first cruise we were surprised as to how far forward we actually were - there was only a few cabins between us a the front. This particular ship was 88,000 tons and I believe the voyager class is like 130,000 tons.We never felt anything at all! Either way, as cb at sea says: if you'd feel up front it would be felt pretty much all over the ship. Have a great time.:)

Archived