Queen Elizabeth: New Pop Art Mural in Garden Lounge

Pushpit

3 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I love it just sad I will never be able to see it as I don’t fly and as QE is not due home anytime soon 

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Same here. She’s my favourite. Actually, sailings from Barcelona would be possible, using the train, with a stopover in Nîmes. But rather a hassle.

It's not good to read things like this. I do hope that QE does return to Southampton at some point, I'm sure it will. Or that the difficulties with flying can be overcome somehow. I am in the lucky position of enjoying flying and enjoying floating and the two together opens up the world. Otherwise I guess a bit of careful scheduling (e.g. a Crossing plus the train to Seattle) may give a way forward.

39 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

It's not good to read things like this. I do hope that QE does return to Southampton at some point, I'm sure it will. Or that the difficulties with flying can be overcome somehow. I am in the lucky position of enjoying flying and enjoying floating and the two together opens up the world. Otherwise I guess a bit of careful scheduling (e.g. a Crossing plus the train to Seattle) may give a way forward.

Make sure the train gets there a day (or better, two) before the ship is supposed to sail. With Amtrak, you never know . . . !

• Like 1

I think the new artwork is a great addition to the ship. Along w some classic ship design features the mix w modern art as such creates an updated ship w new vibrancy.

Some ships actually seem to be more museum than an interestingly designed & useful mode of transportation.

For instance, the FRICK COLLECTION Museum in NYC is undergoing a renovation - the original home of Henry Clay Frick is among the most spectacular museums in the world.  During the renovation the collection was removed from the museum and displayed in a modern Breuer building on Madison Avenue Ave.

To see the collection in a stark environment brought a new beauty to the collection.  The individual pieces stood on their own as opposed to the original classic mansion with all the ornate detailing in architecture & furniture and furnishings.  I do look forward to the restored mansion & the collection being back where it was meant to be.  But I certainly appreciated & enjoyed the beauty in the modern / stark atmosphere in the temporary housing.

Also after seeing the newly refurbishment of the Crystal ships  - its like they put a band aid on a very broken vessel.  I never liked the Crystal ships for various reasons - no covered pool, boring entertainment options small cabins & the decor/ was more akin to a 1980's shopping mall or an assisted living facility!

I look forward to seeing the mural on QE - would i buy it for my home - NO...but it certainly gives a boost to that area of the ship.

• Like 4