WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam?

We're doing a couple of segments of the RCCL World Cruise and we disembark next August 19th in Amsterdam.  Being that far out, we don't even have flights home yet...but I know how expensive Amsterdam can be...and that it helps to book a hotel really early to, at least, hedge for a good deal.  So, I've arbitrarily figured on three nights...We'll get the flights later.  But, because things can change, I'm looking for a cancelable rate.

Last time we cruised in and out of Amsterdam (Summer before the pandemic!), we stayed at the Kimpton DeWitt.  Like the area and the hotel, but rates aren't even up yet.  Looking for something in the same general area, I came across the WestCord City Centre.  It seems to get very good reviews and ratings of 8.0 or higher on various hotel sites.  And, right now, I was able to book three nights on a fully cancelable rate, with breakfast included...and including taxes, for about $200 US per night (depending, of course, on fluctuations in the exchange rates now to next year).  But I know very little about this hotel.

Anyone have any familiarity with this property?  Any opinions or comments?  Thanks.

We booked the Banks Mansion for July 2024 (cancelable of course) when their schedule came out. We've stayed there before and loved the all inclusive and the location. 

Sounds like you have a great rate...enjoy.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We booked the Banks Mansion...

Banks Mansion wants 571 euros per night for my dates!  And I checked the Kimpton DeWitt....and, with our dates not there yet, I checked the week before--$417 US per night...

Other choices might come on line soon, but $200 per night for a well-reviewd hotel in a great location will likely be hard to beat.

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Banks Mansion wants 571 euros per night for my dates!  And I checked the Kimpton DeWitt....and, with our dates not there yet, I checked the week before--$417 US per night...

Other choices might come on line soon, but $200 per night for a well-reviewd hotel in a great location will likely be hard to beat.

Agree that you got a great rate. For us the stay at Banks is just part of our cruise vacation and so willing to pay a bit more.

Best of luck with whatever works best for you.

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 1:21 AM, Bruin Steve said:

Like the area and the hotel, but rates aren't even up yet.  Looking for something in the same general area, I came across the WestCord City Centre.  It seems to get very good reviews and ratings of 8.0 or higher on various hotel sites.  And, right now, I was able to book three nights on a fully cancelable rate, with breakfast included...and including taxes, for about $200 US per night (depending, of course, on fluctuations in the exchange rates now to next year).  But I know very little about this hotel.

I am familiar with the location, not the hotel. Location wise it is perfect. Close to Public Transport, Jordaan district and the Museum district is just a couple of stops away. I have been in another Westcord hotel, they had a clean pleasant vibe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We stayed at the Westcord City Centre for two nights after an April 2023 Transatlantic. It was a perfect location, very clean and had a wonderful staff. Would highly recommend it and would definitely stay there again! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2023 at 8:08 AM, Swash Buckler said:

I am familiar with the location, not the hotel. Location wise it is perfect. Close to Public Transport, Jordaan district and the Museum district is just a couple of stops away. I have been in another Westcord hotel, they had a clean pleasant vibe.

On 8/31/2023 at 7:21 PM, Bruin Steve said:

We're doing a couple of segments of the RCCL World Cruise and we disembark next August 19th in Amsterdam.  Being that far out, we don't even have flights home yet...but I know how expensive Amsterdam can be...and that it helps to book a hotel really early to, at least, hedge for a good deal.  So, I've arbitrarily figured on three nights...We'll get the flights later.  But, because things can change, I'm looking for a cancelable rate.

Last time we cruised in and out of Amsterdam (Summer before the pandemic!), we stayed at the Kimpton DeWitt.  Like the area and the hotel, but rates aren't even up yet.  Looking for something in the same general area, I came across the WestCord City Centre.  It seems to get very good reviews and ratings of 8.0 or higher on various hotel sites.  And, right now, I was able to book three nights on a fully cancelable rate, with breakfast included...and including taxes, for about $200 US per night (depending, of course, on fluctuations in the exchange rates now to next year).  But I know very little about this hotel.

Anyone have any familiarity with this property?  Any opinions or comments?  Thanks.

Thank you for this post! I am also on the World Cruise disembarking in Amsterdam. I just booked for 3 nights post-cruise since I already have my airfare. Hope we meet onboard! I was able to get a similar rate! Looks like a great location, too.