Arriving in Spanish Town 10 am to 6 pm

aururab

We are arriving in Spanish Town on a cruse at 10am, departing 6am. 

Should we just take a taxi to The Baths, or should we do a boat excursion that stops in multple places? Was thinking we might save the boat excursion for an island where it is hard to get to where we want to go, but I'm all for suggestions!

I agree with saving the boat excursion for another destination.

You will effectively have 6 hours of free time, and you would have time to hit the Baths as well as Savannah Bay, perhaps. Taxi drivers will work with you by dropping you at one place and returning when you call or at an agreed upon time, and fares in the Valley area are inexpensive. You could also rent a car if you want that flexibility, but a taxi would be our choice.

What is your port date and ship? If there are a lot of cruisers coming over from Tortola earlier you may need to work around not only your fellow cruise mates but the others as well…

November 21, we will be on Explora 1, which will be the only ship in port in Virgin Gorda, and in Tortola it will just be Crystal Serenity - so it should be a reasonable day all around i would think?

Edited by aururab

Yes that is great - Both smaller ships without the mega-crowds! Explora1 looks beautiful by the way…

Yes we would hook up with a taxi driver, preferably one with a smaller safari-type vehicle, and use his expertise to enjoy a few different sites. Published taxi fares are $4/pp around the Valley area, although they may have been raised recently. If you are more interested in seeing the island you could rent a car and drive to the North Sound. Mahogany is a good rental outfit. But I’d staying in the Valley area You can hit Mad Dog’s for a lunch with a nice view, or stop at the Baths & Turtle in Spanishtown after your tour which is a short walk from the ferry marina…

Enjoy! 👍