Fátima, Óbidos, Batalha and Alcobaça Monasteries & Nazaré - from Lisbon

Has anybody ever taken this kind of excursion? Any experience to share?

Also: My ship is scheduled to dock at 8.00 am. I am supposed to be at 8.40 am at the Praca Marques do Pombal for this tour. Is this realistically possible?

19 hours ago, carlmm said:

Has anybody ever taken this kind of excursion? Any experience to share?

Did you read this recent thread about the same, or a very similar tour?  the OP did this and reviewed it on return in post #7

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2896693-tours-from-lisbon/#comment-64377296

• Thanks 1

Praca Marques do Pombal is the big roundabout which sort of marks the boundary between  Avenida da Liberdade and the Eduardo V11 Park.  Avenida DL  is really quite a long avenue to walk (and uphill in that direction) and I think the timing could be a little tight and you may need to consider a taxi, but you could research the distance from your docking position, whichever it is,  (try Rome2Rio?) then decide if you can comfortably  get from A to B in time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carlmm said:

Thank you @edinburgher!

No worries, but I do think the timing is tight, as in addition to walking the Avenida,you will also need to allow time to reach the beginning of the Avenida from the port.It starts shortly after Metro station Restauradores, which is one stop further from Rossio station. When we walked downhill  through the park,just before reaching the roundabout, there was a sort of level area at the end of the park, and we saw a number of parked vans and HOHOs so it seemed to be a parking/meeting point and I am guessing this is where you will meet your tour but you will need to check that yourself as I am working from memory.

Should you decide to visit only Obidos instead of several locations, Obidos is easily reached from Lisbon by express bus.  It takes only around an hour, but you need to be sure you go to the correct bus station as there is more than one.  Whatever, hoping you enjoy your day.

• Like 1

I'm probably biased as I hate crowds but we were in Portugal this past April on a tour for 12 days and Obidos was my least favorite of all the places we saw.  The narrow streets were mobbed with tourists and as it is a tiny place, there was no way to escape the crowds  We didn't even get to try their famous cherry liquor as there were such long lines we gave up. At least it wasn't hot when we were there or it would have truly been unbearable.

• Thanks 1